Advice Request F-Secure high RAM usage

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
FS is very light on my PCs but on 1 of them I just noticed that one of FS process consumes a lot of memory.
I'm a bit surprised because it is not the case on my other PCs.
2.PNG

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Hello,
FS is very light on my PCs but on 1 of them I just noticed that one of FS process consumes a lot of memory.
I'm a bit surprised because it is not the case on my other PCs.
View attachment 258357
For how long is F-Secure installed already? Some AV's need some time and require a full system scan to settle down their RAM usage.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I got 290 and think that is high 🤷‍♂️, but if you like you can always prepare a support contact and run the internal support tool first, and share the created file as it for sure will make it much easier for the support to hopefully help you. On the phone even available in French.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
For how long is F-Secure installed already? Some AV's need some time and require a full system scan to settle down their RAM usage.
Installed 5 days ago, the same on 2 other PCS and I have only 200/300.
I got 290 and think that is high 🤷‍♂️, but if you like you can always prepare a support contact and run the internal support tool first, and share the created file as it for sure will make it much easier for the support to hopefully help you. On the phone even available in French.
Thanks @upnorth
I will try to contact the support even if with 32 Go RAM FS run without problem.

gigi64

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
I remember 1 month ago I saw in the task manager that RAM is consuming about 465 MB !. It was like this for two or three days, I erased f-secure with sadness :( ...
And as if there is a problem.
And now I do not know whether to reinstall it or another antivirus ...

Reactions: Venustus and Nevi

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
it id ironical but in real life it is approximately the same thing but bdefender has a strong firewall unlike fsecure

Reactions: Venustus and Nevi
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.