Advice Request F Secure Safe Ram Usage

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Just reinstalled F Secure Safe, ram usage in task manger seems extremely low, I'm sure it used more last time I had it installed, so I'm either not remembering correctly of its the lightest AV ever. If anyone is running could you check your usage for me, thanks.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Hidden by their new name in Task Manager, but not PE.
F-Secure Ram Usage.png

1674148050377.png

F-Secure Ram Usage PE.png

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Do you also have WithSecure processes running?
Yes, I'm an idiot, if I would have scrolled down the task manager and paid attention I would have seen these WithSecure(FSecure) processes, I did scroll down quickly the first time but didn't notice them as I was looking for FSecure. Thanks everyone for replies and sorry for dumb thread.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Yes, I'm an idiot, if I would have scrolled down the task manager and paid attention I would have seen these WithSecure(FSecure) processes, I did scroll down quickly the first time but didn't notice them as I was looking for FSecure. Thanks everyone for replies and sorry for dumb thread.
I actually missed it until after I opened Process Explorer and went back and checked.

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
No, you're not an idiot. Making mistakes is only part of being human ;)

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Looks like I'm missing some services, first time I installed Voodoo Shield blocked something which I allowed. I uninstalled and tried again but first shut VS off. I'll have to try again and also see if VS is blocking anything.

Thanks for replies.
looking at the 4 processes you posted... I'm running FS SAFE in VM_win10 and about the same +/- 1 mb.
EDIT: with WithSecure plugin hosting = 412 mb

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.