Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg Full Testimony Before U.S. Senate

D

Deleted member 65228

I never once installed FB app on my phone and I disable the pre-installed background FB crap. So fortunately that data is all empty on me.
What concerns me is that I used the Facebook main application for years. I only disabled and stopped using it around 6 months ago but I still kept the Messenger application. I only started locking the Messenger application down around 4 months ago IIRC.

So I don't understand why they have like... nothing on me outside of the FB app but for 99.9% of others they have their entire digital life.

Google had my data but I have no idea why FB don't really have anything. Strange.

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
A week ago I deleted all my photos, friendlists , and activity logs with the APP Add-on - "Social Book Post Manager" Chrome Extension Lets You Wipe Your Facebook Profile, I gave the button remove all at several passes mode, and facebook data was totally cleaned, but guess, guess you, what happen about with the private messages! facebook profile was cleaned with my timeline images folders , videos and all the other folders, but it does not erase the images from the private messages, WTF, and it offers them as Featured images, impossible to delete, some people in its help forums asking for a solution to that but they don't answer, that is, that Facebook secretly keeps unwanted private files chats even from previous years and after having cleaned the entire chat rooms manually, message history, old images that were sent to people who have been blocked-eliminated in the past with whom you privately chatted (couple, friends, co-workers & strangers) the images persist in featured images but they do not exist in the chat. but the question is why they keep them, why can not be deleted, and why appear in the section: change avatar or cover. I can give you an advice, do not use those websites anymore, they will suck the life of the people with a cost, and you have absolutely no right to claim, your life could be marginalized.

Reactions: upnorth and AtlBo

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
@MeltdownEnemy You can't "delete" Facebook messages properly AFAIK. If you delete a Facebook message, it won't be deleted for the other person as well.

It sucks, I know. Facebook sucks, we know.

mercy thank you opcode, yes facebook suck suckerbergerballs, but the question is: why did they place those private chat images inside on "featured photos liked by me, add-change avatar and cover profile sections".? Who gave them permission to keep deleted old chat files and put them inside there? is a bug or they keep the files for a bribe future.?

Reactions: upnorth and AtlBo

DavidLMO

Level 4
Verified
Dec 25, 2017
They keep stuiff cause they can. Did YOU read the Terms & Conditions? You gave them a license to use whatever they want forever.

Reactions: AtlBo
D

Deleted member 65228

mercy thank you opcode, yes facebook suck suckerbergerballs, but the question is: why did they place those private chat images inside on "featured photos liked by me, add-change avatar and cover profile sections".? Who gave them permission to keep deleted old chat files and put them inside there? is a bug or they keep the files for a bribe future.?
LOL?

So private images you sent on the conversations, that has been posted publicly on your Facebook profile?

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
I bet the whole time he was in that courtroom all he could think to himself was "Oh god, I'm so screwed. Play it cool play it cool... No Zuckerberg do NOT sweat! I must get to da chopper!"

Note the clenched fists at time "I must hang in there". Anyway how screwed can a zillionaire be ?

Regards Eck:)

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
LOL?

So private images you sent on the conversations, that has been posted publicly on your Facebook profile?

the profile has no image or album uploaded since facebook was completely cleaned, the current avatar is the default doll provided by fcbk but the annoying images appears as thumbs and fullsize when double clicking on button for change "the avatar-cover-& featuredphotos " through profile sections, and also I can see a semi-transparent sample from the same pictures in behind the section-box featured-photos-like-by-me, ##### hahahaha I still don't know if the profile visitors can see that pictures, but in any case there is a feeling of distrust towards their service, those old deleted images of the chat were never shared with anyone or in public, me very happy before in the chat of windows messenger send-receive in the room and there were no problems.

D

Deleted member 65228

the profile has no image or album uploaded since facebook was completely cleaned, the current avatar is the default doll provided by fcbk but the annoying images appears as thumbs and fullsize when double clicking on button for change "the avatar-cover-& featuredphotos " through profile sections, and also I can see a semi-transparent sample from the same pictures in behind the section-box featured-photos-like-by-me, *** hahahaha I still don't know if the profile visitors can see that pictures, but in any case there is a feeling of distrust towards their service, those old deleted images of the chat were never shared with anyone or in public, me very happy before in the chat of windows messenger send-receive in the room and there were no problems.
I don't think they can see it. There's a feature on Facebook to view your profile as someone else on your friends list / public viewers which you could use to check/test with.

Alternatively, make a fake Facebook and add yourself as a friend and then check the profile view, then deactivate the fake test account.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I NEVER had facebook, linkedin, etc. accounts, nor multiple email accounts...Gmail and others Skype, that I don't even know the names!
So I'm true IT Security Guy, all of you can congratulate me.(y)

- never posted my name, never send my private images never never.

Last edited:

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
I don't think they can see it. There's a feature on Facebook to view your profile as someone else on your friends list / public viewers which you could use to check/test with.

Alternatively, make a fake Facebook and add yourself as a friend and then check the profile view, then deactivate the fake test account.

good suggestions OPCODE I'll do that, I just wanted to erase all residue by my own hands before completely removing Facebook with this guide Permanently Delete your Facebook Account,
Before removing everything I understood that Facebook was trying to complicate things so that i didn't eliminate some of my own likes, joined groups, tagged and messages. They do not want people to leave their place so easily and another day to be able to return online. in the first instance, they offer to disable before removing.

SecretKeeper

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 25, 2015
I downloaded my facebook data and 'had a look'

I did the exact same thing and to my surprise, Facebook had been logging all my calls and texts, even the numbers they came from and went to. The location thing, I can't really say much about because I turned my location off for Facebook.

I even found a section in my archive to "who has my data" and a lot of foreign places of popular businesses do, including Germany and Taiwan, etc. I never went to any of these countries in my life so I don't understand why they needed it.

Regardless, I deleted my profile a week ago and I hope to whatever higher power is out there, all my information gets erased from that disgusting, privacy invasive place.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Nervous for what purpose? If you go to the court today and you are nervous, that basically mean you are afraid you MIGHT get caught on what you did. If he is here to proves his points then there's nothing to get nervous about. It is the same thing when the police officer drive behind you. If you are start acting weird like sudden speeding or sudden slowing down for no reason then you might be suspicious for something.

I get it, but I don't believe this in the biggest picture. This is an area of law where Congress has been basically blind and relying on the same people for information who have created the behemoth. Now it seems they are just beginning to get to a tiny bit of meaty discussion.

Probably everyone there was a little bit nervous, considering where the industry has been and the limited history of government exertion in the computer industry and all. Meaningful oversight in the form of regulation has been more or less nonexistent, although when it's said and done I think we will see how great a scale this area of law will have to cover. It's already becoming a little bit clearer.

Not only FB need to keep going to live up to the promises they are making, also Congress needs to continue the push. Hopefully, now that they have seen that it's not so bad (no boogey monsters or hocus pocus), they will continue to dive in further.

Reactions: upnorth
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Wiped my Linkedin account today. I cleared my FB account and left one post telling my friends that I will rejoin them in a couple days as a random name and that if someone like 'Bud Edwards' tries to friend them, it's me.

I'm going dark on social media now.. My wife is also considering it, and would like a plan of action for her. Also, it's a common question from friends/associates now so I think it's spreading. (at least while it's in the news, LOL)

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Wiped my Linkedin account today. I cleared my FB account and left one post telling my friends that I will rejoin them in a couple days as a random name and that if someone like 'Bud Edwards' tries to friend them, it's me.

I'm going dark on social media now.. My wife is also considering it, and would like a plan of action for her. Also, it's a common question from friends/associates now so I think it's spreading. (at least while it's in the news, LOL)

LOL, why don't you name " LoganHandsomePants" instead?

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
I think that zucky baby boy has some responsility in what all that FB info could and has been used for.

Helping foreign agencys spread fake news to try and influence democratic elections and suchlike is probably kinda serious hence a sweaty, nervy, zucker.

Regards Eck:)

D

Deleted member 178

problem is if you ever used your real picture in an account with your real name, you are done, they will "recognize" and link you back.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.