Fail to install Zemana. What to do?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ForgottenSeer 79878
  • Start date Start date
F

ForgottenSeer 79878

My mail got hacked and I'm worried I got some spy-program. I've tried to install Zemana but when I try to install it I got an error. Installation failed!
Safe Mode with Networking is recommended with this kind of trouble. I never did this before. Is it still possible to install a program in safe mode?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My mail got hacked and I'm worried I got some spy-program.
What makes you think you email was hacked? If you got an email from yourself, saying you've been hacked, it's a scam and is nothing to worry about.
 
I got a waring-mail that someone changed my password and added an e-adress on my mail-account. I could get into my e-account and change password and delete the foreign e-adress.
It did work to install zemana when I closed down the computer and tried again later. I did all the 6 steps and at least one hot was found and removed.
But I have another computer I think is worth infected. The webbrowser blocks some sajts from surfing and other odd things happens.
Is it possible to do the same 6 steps and use this antimalewareprograms again on another computer for free?
When I start with step 1, RKill which was no problem to download on the first comuter, with this second one I get this message:
Sorry, you don't have permission for that! You are not allowed to visit this community.
I seam to have to register in the community. I didn't have to do that for the first computer.
Is it important to start with RKill? Do I have to use it?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you TwinHeadedEagle for tips on FRST. I got the same message "Sorry, you don't have permission for that! You are not allowed to visit this community. "
when I try to get into the download-site in Opera webbrowser. But with Explorer I got into to the download-site. But when I click download, Windows Defender SmartScreen give me a warning, this app could be a risk. I suppose it is safe to run it?
 
Puh, thank you! I've been nervous since my mail was hacked and I got an activation-mail written in Chinese from a company selling remote control. But the hacker hadn't activated the account he register with my e-mail in the company and I could close it down.

Then I was worried when I saw Firefox suddenly had 50 addons when I run CCleaner. Files like Baidu, hotfix, combat. And many copies of each, 4-5. I have not installed those addons and it wasn't possible to delete them. When I disable them, a new file of the same was added. I have uninstall Firefox now on both my computers.
I have felt my computers were slow and some sites get blocked when surfing but maybe it's the internet-connection or antivirus-program running, slowing it down and blocking sites it doesn't trust then?

I feel very grateful for the work I see you do here in Malewaretips. Thank you!
I will turn to my iphone now and try to restore it in case there is some hot there. It acts a bit odd.
 
Yes, but safe sites also seem to get blocked sometimes. Now I didn't get into malewaretips.com on one of my computers, but with the other one I did.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top