Solved Failed to Create System Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

ad18

Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2013
Hi guys. I tried to create a system restore before doing some system maintenance, but my laptop cannot create the restore point. Does anyone know what might cause this? Thanks for any advice. I attached a screenshot of the error message.

Attachments

• Snap 2013-03-31 at 11.27.22.png
    Snap 2013-03-31 at 11.27.22.png
    570.3 KB · Views: 552

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Also would like to add sometimes security products will interfere with System Restore, disable all security products and try again.

Make sure you have all of your Windows Services on default settings.

Thanks.:D

Upvote 0

ad18

Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2013
Littlebits said:
Also would like to add sometimes security products will interfere with System Restore, disable all security products and try again.

Make sure you have all of your Windows Services on default settings.

I tried your ideas but I still get the same error message. Does Microsoft have a tool for fixing this. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Here are some helpful links:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-check-system-restore-working/

http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/set_windows_services_to_default_startup.html (Sets all Windows Services to default)

https://sites.google.com/a/obxcompguy.com/foolish-it/d7/online-manual/usage/repair-tab (D7 Repair Windows guide)

Download D7

Make sure you read everything before using D7 is is a very powerful tool and can cause other problems. Only select the Repair System Restore option.

Before you attempt any manual fixes, try booting your System into Windows Safe Mode and verify that System Restore is not working.

If it is working in Windows Safe Mode then you have something interning with it causing the errors. So don't do any repairs try to find out what is causing the problems.

Enjoy!!:D

Upvote 0

ad18

Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2013
Comodo was not the problem. Windows set itself to allow zero disk space for system restore.

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
ad18 said:
Comodo was not the problem. Windows set itself to allow zero disk space for system restore.

I'm glad you figured out the problem, the question still remains how did System Restore get set to use zero disk space?

Did you happen to use a system maintenance or tweaking tool that could have changed the setting?

I have never heard of settings changing on their own.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.