Advice Request Fake Crypto Giveaways - Would you be tricked by this?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

[correlate]

Level 18
Thread author
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
One of the most popular and effective type of scams in which the scammer promises to return multiple times the amount of cryptocurrency the victims sends to them. Giveaways scammers will pretend to be a famous person or to represent a trusted company in order to gain the victim's trust and are mostly active on Youtube, Telegram and Twitter.

Fake Crypto Giveaways - Would you be tricked by this? Do you own crypto and how do you protect yourself from these scams?

Last edited by a moderator:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Personal, I was actually interested in the currency for a while, but after a small investigation first that clearly shows it's a unregulated market with zero insurance for normal folks, and also watching all the constant news with ongoing scams from thieves where poor people loose their last life savings, and even the latest sad outcry from the people of El Salvador, it's something I'm personal staying away from as far as possible.
Fake Crypto Giveaways - Would you be tricked by this? Do you own crypto and how do you protect yourself from these scams?
No, I automatic will not need to worry about getting tricked by a crypto scam link, as I won't even click on it or follow it to start with.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Hmmm i would have reported one scam going in finland currently, its made by previous onecoin scam former

About onecoin here : OneCoin - Wikipedia & MOT: Finns set to lose millions in OneCoin scam

And this is their newest scam:
Code:
hxxps://tuohivirta.com/
( site does not cointain any viruses, nudity or anything else..its just fake company)

I have reported this site to quad9 , avast, bitdefender.... currently the sites is flagged by ; avira, eset , cyradar

IF you can and will , please submit this to your av vendor..its disgusting that someone is going to cheat poor people with such thing

I have reported several scam sites , thanks to @upnorth ..but the problem is i have to give all my details to domain owner in ability to report site ..this is why im going soft way to providing proof for such av vendors , hostlists etc. so as many as vendor will flag this site

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.