Status
Not open for further replies.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Click on the AG icon in your browser. A menu opens and you can choose the log option. Refresh the page.

I don't understand why you remove the ref part from the URL. AG doesn't do it because of undesired effects as SeriousHoax stated.
Kevin Röbert creator on ClearURLs told said on July 30, 2019 to me:
As I said above, this will break amazon. E.g. if you delete the “psc†field, the pre-selected size of “70x140cm†get lost: Amazon product ASIN B01LBI63WI
Originally said:
Hi Amir,
currently ClearURLs can’t clean the “ref=” part, because it is not in the field section of the URL, it is in the path section. I’m currently working on a function to also cleaning this parts of an URL.
Without the “psc” field some amazon functions are broken, e.g. visit this link: Amazon product ASIN B01LBI63WIIf you delete the “psc” field, the pre-selected size of “70x140cm” get lost.

From: ClearURLs is an extension for Firefox and Chrome that deletes tracking information from URLs - gHacks Tech News

Reactions: Jan Willy

Jan Willy

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
@amirr
You could add following filterlist to AG:

Some quotes from this list:
Want to use ClearURLs' tracking protection without installing another extension? This list is a (unofficial) version of the ClearURLs rules, designed for use in uBlock Origin and AdGuard. This ONLY includes the URL parameter removal functionality from ClearURLs, and not the other functions.

Warning: This list may break websites, and contains many problematic rules. There is not much the Adfilt maintainers can do, as this list is just the ClearURLs rules converted into a uBo/AdGuard filterlist. Use with caution.

Sidenote and more OT: Firefox has at default a customizable about:config setting to shorten URLS:

Schermafbeelding 2023-04-12 170506.jpg

Last edited:

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
@amirr
You could add following filterlist to AG:

Some quotes from this list:
Want to use ClearURLs' tracking protection without installing another extension? This list is a (unofficial) version of the ClearURLs rules, designed for use in uBlock Origin and AdGuard. This ONLY includes the URL parameter removal functionality from ClearURLs, and not the other functions.

Warning: This list may break websites, and contains many problematic rules. There is not much the Adfilt maintainers can do, as this list is just the ClearURLs rules converted into a uBo/AdGuard filterlist. Use with caution.

Sidenote and more OT: Firefox has at default a customizable about:config setting to shorten URLS:

View attachment 274467
I do not know how to add all the filter list mentinoed in that .txt link. Its huge list. I did add other one by one. Canot do this all one by one.
You mean they must to be added here? (screenshot below)
1681379523764.png

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Update: I now am ok with everything in AG and Amazon. I do not think I must add all the links that you mentioned in the .text link in your post:

What do you think? Thank you again very much.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
@Jan Willy The other way around:
e.g. when you are at Amazon [dot] com then as an example search for ALASKA BEAR Sleep mask.
You will get this result:
1681381037621.png

But if you have the extension of Upshift; Upshift
installed then you can get back to the original link, as I highlighted it:
1681381232580.png

Jan Willy

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
@Jan Willy The other way around:
e.g. when you are at Amazon [dot] com then as an example search for ALASKA BEAR Sleep mask.
You will get this result:
View attachment 274487

But if you have the extension of Upshift; Upshift
installed then you can get back to the original link, as I highlighted it:
View attachment 274488
I'm answering in a hurry, so probably I'm not right. But AFAIK (some) browsers have an option to show the full URL. So no need for an extension.

Reactions: amirr

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
@Jan Willy Is it ok to just use ClearURLs and turn off the Stealth mode in Adguard for Desktop? And also not to enable the two filters that @Kongo mentioned?

Jan Willy

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
@Jan Willy Is it ok to just use ClearURLs and turn off the Stealth mode in Adguard for Desktop? And also not to enable the two filters that @Kongo mentioned?

Kongo wrote in his post Depreciated - FastForward: skip tracker and intermediary URLs automatically:
First of all I want to ask you which Adblocker you are using on Edge. Cause both, Adguard and uBlock Origin have an appliable filter that does the same as ClearURLs. So you dont have to install ClearURLs.

You answered in your post Depreciated - FastForward: skip tracker and intermediary URLs automatically:
Adguard for Windows Desktop together with Adguard assistant in the Edge Canary now.

Kongo replied in his post Depreciated - FastForward: skip tracker and intermediary URLs automatically:
Then you can just enable those two filters:
AG URL Tracking filter
Legitimate URL Shortener

From your quoted post I understand that you prefer to use the ClearURLS extension. So now apply the opposite from Kongo's advice and disable last mentioned filters in AG. How simple can it be? Of course there is no reason to disable Stealth Mode in AG.

Personally I prefer the AG solution because I limit the number of extensions as much as possible, but the choice is up to you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.