Advanced Security Faybert's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Mar 22, 2022
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
On-device encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Real-time protection
Kaspersky Free
Device firewall
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Custom security settings
Default settings
Periodic malware scanners
HitmanPro and Norton Power Eraser
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browsers and extensions
Firefox and Edge.
Bitwarden - Feedly Notifier - Group Speed Dial - uBlock Origin.

​

Secure DNS
None.
Desktop VPN
Bitdefender VPN
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
Wise Care 365
File and photo backups
OneDrive and Google Drive.
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Free
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Gaming
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
* Intel Core i5-9600K
* RX 6700 XT
* Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8) 2666MHz
* HD Seagate BarraCuda, 2TB - SSD WD Green, 240GB
* MSI B360M Mortar

​

Feedback preference

Only essential issues, please

Traditional Opera, the GX version I don't like because it takes time to update the chromium version.
Yeah I sort of recall something similar last time I tested it. It was slower with it's release of updates. Other then that, it had features I normally never used. I'm satisfied enough with the stable version.
 
From my day-to-day experience, and it also has an extension called Page load time, with it you can know how long your browser takes to open a website completely.
Use the Network section of developers tools instead to measure the time. That might give you a more accurate result. Though it's possible that the extension is showing the same value to you, but the extension itself can have an impact.
 
Use the Network section of developers tools instead to measure the time. That might give you a more accurate result. Though it's possible that the extension is showing the same value to you, but the extension itself can have an impact.
I downloaded the extension faybert mentioned, found it interesting. Can you teach me how to test like you said? @network section of developers tools@?
 
I downloaded the extension faybert mentioned, found it interesting. Can you teach me how to test like you said? @network section of developers tools@?
F12 > Network, then browse the website.
z.png
 
Use the Network section of developers tools instead to measure the time. That might give you a more accurate result. Though it's possible that the extension is showing the same value to you, but the extension itself can have an impact.
I've already done the comparison and the results are almost identical, but thanks for the tip.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top