FBI Virus Is Kicking Me Please Help??

scustalow

Thread author
Mar 22, 2013
Would the norton boot thing work?that you mentioned in another thread?I did make a kaperasky boot disk..but I really dont know how to use it correctly

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Hi,

Please print these instruction out so that you know what you are doing
  • Download OTLPE from here to your desktop
  • Double click OTLPEStd.exe and this will then open imgburn to burn the file to CD
  • Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.
    Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
  • Wait for the CD to detect your hardware and load the operating system
  • Your system should now display a Reatogo desktop
    Note : as you are running from CD it is not exactly speedy
    While in OTLPE, double click the OTLPE icon.
    otlico.png
  • Select the Windows folder of the infected drive if it asks for a location.
  • When asked Do you wish to load the remote registry, select Yes.
  • When asked Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning, select Yes.
  • Ensure the box Automatically Load All Remaining Users is checked and press OK.
  • OTL should now start
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check
  • Press the Run Scan button
  • When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\OTL.txt
  • Copy this file to a USB drive if you do not have internet connection on the system.
  • Please attach the content of OTL.txt in your next reply.

scustalow

Thread author
Mar 22, 2013
I am at work now..our system here wont let me download otlpe

when I was able to get to safe mode with command prompt..I did a dir/w and I didn't even see a windows directory.. I was able to run the Kasperasky boot disk but I dont know how to use it..I have the npe norton program but dont know how to access it from the kasperasky boot

scustalow

Thread author
Mar 22, 2013
I did create the hitman program on a thumb drive but while it was trying to run it gave me the missing or corrupt
c:\windows\system32\config\system

maybe if I try the windows xp repair?

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
With the Kaspersky Rescue Disk, follow the instructions here to run it.

http://malwaretips.com/Announcement-Computer-won-t-boot-up-Hard-to-remove-malware-Learn-how-to-create-and-use-a-Kaspersky-Rescue-Disk

See if that works

scustalow

Thread author
Mar 22, 2013
Ok thank you..It will be a miracle..also if there is any missing windows files can I copy them over from somewhere..or can I reload windows xp?

Fiery said:
With the Kaspersky Rescue Disk, follow the instructions here to run it.

http://malwaretips.com/Announcement-Computer-won-t-boot-up-Hard-to-remove-malware-Learn-how-to-create-and-use-a-Kaspersky-Rescue-Disk

See if that works

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Do you have the original XP CD?

I can't know what files/folders you need unless I'm able to diagnose your system. If you can go home and download OTLPE and run it on the infected PC to get me the log, then we can start fixing it.

scustalow

Thread author
Mar 22, 2013
Fiery said:
Do you have the original XP CD?

I can't know what files/folders you need unless I'm able to diagnose your system. If you can go home and download OTLPE and run it on the infected PC to get me the log, then we can start fixing it.

Ok..I don't have the original xp cd but I do have a xp cd..I will try to do the otlpe thank you so much for the reply

scustalow

Thread author
Mar 22, 2013
Could you post what the reg file would show with this virus..?..and which ones usually make this virus run..?

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
scustalow said:
Could you post what the reg file would show with this virus..?..and which ones usually make this virus run..?

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you are asking.

how would I get the otlpe program to run with the virus running?

OTLPE runs outside the windows environment so the virus won't interrupt it.
Once you followed the isntructions in post #2 and have a bootable CD, you will change your boot order to boot from CD first. Your operating system will remain off while you run OTLPE.

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
If you are trying to find the malware in the registry, it's like finding a droplet in the ocean.

It will take you years before you find what you are looking for. That's why we use special tools to narrow our search. The tools look at the places where malware are likely to hide and report back to us :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.