oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
File Explorer is opened at start or restart.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
None.
I recently uninstalled some software and File Explorer now opens maximized on start or restart. Please advise a fix. Thank you in advance for helping a lost soul! :)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Problem solved very simply in Settings>Apps>Startup>Windows Explorer>Off. DUH! The thing is, I don't know how it got switched in the first place!:rolleyes:
It probably got confused by the uninstall process you ran.
Now that you already discovered the solution, and taught us about a new place in Windows 10 settings, you can actually get to the same place the old way: Task manager/Startup tab.

Upvote 0

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
It probably got confused by the uninstall process you ran.
Now that you already discovered the solution, and taught us about a new place in Windows 10 settings, you can actually get to the same place the old way: Task manager/Startup tab.

I was unable to disable in Task Manager/Startup tab because "disable" was not available in right-click options for Explorer (greyed out). I have no idea why.:unsure: So after banging my head against the wall for a few minutes I found the solution. DUH! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I was unable to disable in Task Manager/Startup tab because "disable" was not available in right-click options for Explorer (greyed out). I have no idea why.:unsure: So after banging my head against the wall for a few minutes I found the solution. DUH! :rolleyes:
That's an interesting glitch. Anyways, thanks for the tip about that Settings feature.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.