Advice Request File finders

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

pxxb1

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Hi

What do you use to find and remove leftovers from uninstalled programs except usual cleaners?
I am thinking of programs that specialize in finding obsolete files in the registry.

I used a good one some years ago but have forgotten it`s name but now i hope your idèas and names will refresh my memory or come up with something better.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
HiBit Uninstaller - It removes leftovers from uninstalled software right after the uninstall is completed. (Revo Uninstaller is also recommended)
Other than that I only use KerishDoctor which deletes junk files automatically from time to time.

pxxb1

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
HiBit Uninstaller - It removes leftovers from uninstalled software right after the uninstall is completed. (Revo Uninstaller is also recommended)
Other than that I only use KerishDoctor which deletes junk files automatically from time to time.

No no, i mean programs that are only dedicated to find obsolete files in the registry, like the software Everything. No usual reg.cleaners, no uninstallers, registry searchers that can find the obsolete files of programs which names i write in there search box.

I used one some years ago and it was outstanding in finding leftovers in the registry of specific programs, even though i had run a "normal" cleaning with the usual type of program for that.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
No no, i mean programs that are only dedicated to find obsolete files in the registry, like the software Everything. No usual reg.cleaners, no uninstallers, registry searchers that can find the obsolete files of programs which names i write in there search box.

I used one some years ago and it was outstanding in finding leftovers in the registry of specific programs, even though i had run a "normal" cleaning with the usual type of program for that.
Oh, then Digmor got the one you need I think. If that's not what you were thinking of the I can only recommend this: Registry Finder

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
There is a list of search engines for files here

To use them you must know the names of the files you want to find/delete

BTW, the registry don't have files. It only has registry entries.

pxxb1

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
There is a list of search engines for files here

To use them you must know the names of the files you want to find/delete

BTW, the registry don't have files. It only has registry entries.

Thanks you.
The link is appreciated.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.