Troubleshoot File Not Deleting

kb99

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 5, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
He cannot open the folder, nor delete it.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I tried to tell him to rename it and delete it. I have not told him to do any scans with anything.
He does not want to download anything like FileAssassin to assist him. That being said, who here can help a brother out.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
what is the error he's getting when trying to delete the file? The best option is still FileAssassin so try to convince him to download it and remove the file. If he doesn't like the software he can uninstall it afterwards.

Reactions: kb99
Upvote 0

kb99

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 5, 2015
Well he says the file is corrupted the last time I texted him. He says he cannot download anything, because he doesn't have administrator rights. He also says that it is a folder and he cannot open it anyway.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Upvote 0

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
If there's nothing important in the flash drive you can ask him to reformat the flash drive to remove all files on it. But do note that it will remove all files and they will be mostly unrecoverable unless he downloads another software to recover it.

Reactions: bitbizket and kb99
Upvote 0

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
  • do error checking
  • then try to delete

1983152.jpg

Upvote 0

kb99

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 5, 2015
Reformatting is a good idea, I'll tell him to do that. By the way thanks for all of the help. I learned even more today.

Reactions: h00lks
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.