Approx. start date
Dec 31, 1969
List of current issues
He cannot open the folder, nor delete it.
Steps taken, but unsuccessful?
I tried to tell him to rename it and delete it. I have not told him to do any scans with anything.

kb99

He does not want to download anything like FileAssassin to assist him. That being said, who here can help a brother out.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Content Creator
what is the error he's getting when trying to delete the file? The best option is still FileAssassin so try to convince him to download it and remove the file. If he doesn't like the software he can uninstall it afterwards.

Reactions: kb99

kb99

Well he says the file is corrupted the last time I texted him. He says he cannot download anything, because he doesn't have administrator rights. He also says that it is a folder and he cannot open it anyway.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Content Creator
If there's nothing important in the flash drive you can ask him to reformat the flash drive to remove all files on it. But do note that it will remove all files and they will be mostly unrecoverable unless he downloads another software to recover it.

Reactions: bitbizket and kb99

kb99

Reformatting is a good idea, I'll tell him to do that. By the way thanks for all of the help. I learned even more today.

Reactions: h00lks