New Update FileScan.IO - Next-Gen Malware Analysis Platform | Now acquired by OPSWAT

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Been using this analysis platform for quick analysis for quite some time now. Thought it would be worth sharing. (y)

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
thanks for analysis link, fwiw, I was curious what's its report looked like. I had just found a 2017 version of comodo killswitch I had stored away, and the analysis appears very detailed and concludes the app is "likely malicious 100%" (?confusing summary?) not sure how to parse "likely" with "100%" ;)

struppigel

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Apr 9, 2020
For all automatic analysis systems that are not used for actual system protection I would take their verdict with a grain of salt. They do not get any repercussions if their verdict is wrong and they tend to be more likely to label something as malicious.
Use those site's detailed info but ignore the verdict.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.