Advice Request Firefox 57 - Are you a happy user?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
On one of the websites I found an article saying what you need to do if you want to speed up Firefox 57.x a little bit and make it less chatty.
First set these settings in about:config to false:

browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.feeds.telemetry
browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.telemetry
browser.ping-centre.telemetry
toolkit.telemetry.archive.enabled
toolkit.telemetry.bhrPing.enabled
toolkit.telemetry.enabled
toolkit.telemetry.firstShutdownPing.enabled
toolkit.telemetry.newProfilePing.enabled
toolkit.telemetry.reportingpolicy.firstRun
toolkit.telemetry.shutdownPingSender.enabled
toolkit.telemetry.unified
toolkit.telemetry.updatePing.enabled

Then you need to set toolkit.telemetry.server to blank instead of https://incoming.telemetry.mozilla.org
And last what you need to do is to disarm experiments which can be remotely enabled by Mozilla - just set to false below mentioned settings in about:config:

experiments.activeExperiment
experiments.enabled
experiments.supported
network.allow-experiments

That's all!
Thank you!
I've changed (in my Nightly/Basilisk for now) telemetry unified, server I've deleted the mozilla link - and is better...
I've changed too network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-proxy and too -persistent-connections-per-server and .max-connections-per-server to 25 - and is better...

Look on this support.vpnsecure.me page: Tweaking firefox for best performance & security - SSH Tunnelling & Proxy Troubleshooting — VPNSecure

I've tested with this heavy geroldblog humor page: Humor, Jokes ‘n Stuff – Vol. 2
-before: this link hung my browser, now: load is rather quick, not bad for this heavy humorous website.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.