HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Get it from your internal updater

• With today's release, a number of improvements will help you search smarter, faster. Type less and find more with Firefox's revamped address bar:
    • Focused, clean search experience that's optimized for smaller laptop screens
    • Top sites now appear when you select the address
    • Improved readability of search suggestions with a focus on new search terms
    • Suggestions include solutions to common Firefox issues
    • On Linux, the behavior when clicking on the Address Bar and the Search Bar now matches other desktop platforms: a single click selects all without primary selection, a double click selects a word, and a triple click selects all with primary selection
  • Firefox will locally cache all trusted Web PKI Certificate Authority certificates known to Mozilla. This will improve HTTPS compatibility with misconfigured web servers and improve security.
  • Firefox is now available in Flatpak, an easier way to install and use Firefox on Linux.
  • Direct Composition is being integrated for our users on Windows to help improve performance and enable our ongoing work to ship WebRender on Windows 10 laptops with Intel graphics cards.

Fixed

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Firefox-75-search-2.png

blacksheep

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Mar 8, 2020
Saw it for the first time then used Nightly and hated it. Still hate it now.

The new address bar is just horrible. Where can we share directly feedback with blind Mozilla team?
It feels like they got new diva designer who can't take criticism.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I can't say that I'm noticing much difference with the new address bar, apart from the favourite sites dropdown when I select the address bar. Maybe its due to the fact that I have used a seperate search bar for some time, or one/some of my About:config tweaks restrict whatever appalling monstrosity others here are seeing.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Updated to Firefox 76.0b2 and all my addons not working:mad: using Chrome now until Mozilla fix this. Did anyone updated from Firefox 75 to Firefox 76 ??? Are your addons working???
Why you don't using just Firefox 75 for now? 🤔

Anyway, I'm going to install FF 76 beta, and will reporting here soon... ;)

Last edited:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I always used Firefox beta and never had much problems with it.
I'm trying to help, I've just asked why you using Chrome instead of Firefox 75 in case of Firefox was your daily browser before...
New user-profile of Firefox 76 may is a chance that all addons working fine again!

Here all works fine on my Firefox76 beta2, but I'm using only two addons: Adguard and Bitwarden, both working perfectly!

FF76.png

Last edited:

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
My addons are also enabled but when I go to addon options they are broken all settings are disabled,
uBlock all settings & filter lists are gone, browser console shows lots of Extension Storage IDB errors.
console.jpgublock.jpgublok2.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: stefanos

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
Saw it for the first time then used Nightly and hated it. Still hate it now.

The new address bar is just horrible. Where can we share directly feedback with blind Mozilla team?
It feels like they got new diva designer who can't take criticism.
GHacks has more details, including a CSS file to keep the hideous new address bar at bay permanently in case Mozilla decides to remove the prefs to do so:

Firefox users may roll back the address bar changes currently but some of the preferences will be removed in the near future (likely in Firefox 77).

Mariihh

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2018
For me, it is still a very poor and slow performance when opening web pages, compared to Chrome and Opera, Firefox is very slow. I really like Mozila, but on my system it doesn't work, obliged to uninstall

• +Reputation
Reactions: stefanos

blacksheep

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Mar 8, 2020
For me, it is still a very poor and slow performance when opening web pages, compared to Chrome and Opera, Firefox is very slow. I really like Mozila, but on my system it doesn't work, obliged to uninstall
Maybe it's time to upgrade your PC? :)

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
This was maybe true in the pre quantum era of Firefox but now it's super fast just like the competitors. I don't notice any speed difference.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
This was maybe true in the pre quantum era of Firefox but now it's super fast just like the competitors. I don't notice any speed difference.
Same here. I've had help on MT to help setup Brave and I've been comparing the two without any significant difference detected on my devices. Unless there are loads of add-ons, browser start up and load times don't seem to be much different to each other like they were say 10 years ago, other than when visiting sites with slow/overloaded servers.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.