SeriousHoax

Level 47
Thread author
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019

Firefox Release

June 2, 2020

Version 77.0, first offered to Release channel users on June 2, 2020

We'd like to extend a special thank you to all of the new Mozillians who contributed to this release of Firefox.

New

• Pocket recommendations, featuring some of the best stories on the web, will appear on the Firefox new tab for our users in the UK. If you don’t see them, you can turn on Pocket articles in your new tab, follow these steps.
  • WebRender continues its roll out to more Firefox for Windows users, now available by default on Windows 10 laptops running on Nvidia GPUs with medium (<= 3440x1440) and large screens (> 3440x1440).
  • You can view and manage web certificates more easily on the new about:certificate page.

Fixed

• Various security fixes.
  • A number of features have been fixed to improve Firefox accessibility.
    • The applications list in Firefox Options is now accessible to screen reader users.
    • Some live regions previously didn't report updated text with the JAWS screen reader. This issue has been fixed.
    • Date/time inputs are now no longer missing labels for users of accessibility tools.

Changed

• The browser.urlbar.oneOffSearches preference has been removed. To hide one-off search buttons uncheck search engines on the
    Code:
    about:preferences#search page

Developer

• Developer Information
  • Significant improvements to JavaScript debugging make loading and stepping through sources faster and with less memory being used over time. Source map support also got a lot more reliable and will just work for a lot more cases.
  • Added support for the JavaScript API String.prototype.replaceAll() which allows developers to return a new string with all matches to the provided pattern while preserving the original string.
Release Notes

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
What an absolute trash release. Guess what dumb Mozilla has done with Firefox 77? They removed the “browser.urlbar.update1” switch in about:config which allowed users to turn of the dumb ugly idiotic new URL bar. Now you just have to "deal with it". This was the final dumb thing and I removed Firefox from all my systems and Mozilla and Firefox can die and disappear for all I care because they just plain suck. It wasn't Chrome that killed Firefox, it was Mozilla with their clueless arrogance and ignorance. I'm now convinced they have absolutely no clue about interface design or actually listening to their small userbase. When they launched this dumb URL bar in Firefox 75, literally NO ONE liked it in Firefox subreddit. They haven't fixed or improved ANYTHING about it, they just forced it so you can't even go back to old one. What a monumental fail.

Zartarra

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
Not the best release. Problems with the profile and some extensions are not working anymore. Also when I disable all extensions browser speed is significant slower. And the task schedule is back again. Also I am not a fan of the new URL bar. Tried to fixed it with userChrome.css but it is not the same.

Reactions: Protomartyr

Chipicao

Level 2
May 17, 2020
Instead complaiting here, you should go to Mozilla Foruns or Contact them, regarding this issues. This is the only way they make a decent update.
Complaiting here, don't will help. Just in case.

What an absolute trash release. Guess what dumb Mozilla has done with Firefox 77? They removed the “browser.urlbar.update1” switch in about:config which allowed users to turn of the dumb ugly idiotic new URL bar. Now you just have to "deal with it". This was the final dumb thing and I removed Firefox from all my systems and Mozilla and Firefox can die and disappear for all I care because they just plain suck. It wasn't Chrome that killed Firefox, it was Mozilla with their clueless arrogance and ignorance. I'm now convinced they have absolutely no clue about interface design or actually listening to their small userbase. When they launched this dumb URL bar in Firefox 75, literally NO ONE liked it in Firefox subreddit. They haven't fixed or improved ANYTHING about it, they just forced it so you can't even go back to old one. What a monumental fail.

I agree with you (not fully), but you need understand Google Chrome is more famous because is from Google, Mozilla can't fight against the biggest Google, they can do 1001 updates, people just care a browser that doesn't annoy and open Facebook, Instagram without any problem, for these people opening the social media, it's OK to don't change to other browsers. That is how it works.

People doesn't care about if the browser X ou Y is more faster 0.2 seconds or not,
people just want to go social media, youtube without any problem or trouble. Specially young and old people, just "Nerds / Geeks / People want more Privacy " sorry if it offends someone, care about that. That's the truth.

If you complaint in the official channels of Firefox, maybe you will be heard by them and users.
IMO.

Last edited:

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Instead complaiting here, you should go to Mozilla Foruns or Contact them, regarding this issues. This is the only way they make a decent update.
Complaiting here, don't will help. Just in case.

I agree with you (not fully), but you need understand Google Chrome is more famous because is from Google, Mozilla can't fight against the biggest Google, they can do 1001 updates, people just care a browser that doesn't annoy and open Facebook, Instagram without any problem, for these people opening the social media, it's OK to don't change to other browsers. That is how it works.

People doesn't care about if the browser X ou Y is more faster 0.2 seconds or not,
people just want to go social media, youtube without any problem or trouble. Specially young and old people, just "Nerds / Geeks / People want more Privacy " sorry if it offends someone, care about that. That's the truth.

If you complaint in the official channels of Firefox, maybe you will be heard by them and users.
IMO.

Yeah, #####nuts at Firefox subreddit banned me for 2 months because I told them their new URL bar is literal cancer 2 days before they actually launched Firefox 75. 2 days later, everyone told them their new URL bar sucks. I can only assume they banned all of them too. And I didn't just say "your thing sucks", I explained it in great detail why. Because developers at Mozilla are idiots. There really isn't any other way of putting it nicely. Guess how much they listened and improved it since. Hint, the answer is none. It's exactly the same broken ugly garbage it was in Firefox 75. I also haven't bothered to report anything to Bugzilla either, because I gave up on it years ago. Anything you posted there they downplayed it with some lame excuse and then continued ignoring it. Anything literally has to be creating black holes into fiber of time space continuum for them to give half a ##### about and consider as broken. As evident from what a monumental mess new URL bar is. Like, it's literally the most broken, messed out and out of place feature that goes against any and all design language and they are just sticking with it no matter what. Removal of the internal switch for it after just 2 versions is a literal "##### you" to all the Firefox users. What other browser makes URL bar pop into a bigger form as you click into it and for what god damn reason it should be doing that in the first place? I clicked into it, I know I'm there, you don't have to increase its size 5000%. What was wrong with visible but subtle blue highlight it had before? No, it has to flash, twitch, overlap everything, refuse to shrink when you click outside on tab instead of webpage area etc...

I've posted about it in long with examples on my blog:
https://rejzor.wordpress.com/2020/04/07/firefox-75-new-url-bar-is-retarded-and-ugly-as-#####/

Seriously, Mozilla is done. It's dead. And so is Firefox. I used to care a lot how Mozilla's own browser engine matters and how it keeps things in check globally by preventing Chromium's monopoly. Well, they've been #####ing up things so badly I honestly don't care anymore if both Mozilla and Firefox are just entirely gone now and Chromium absolutely and entirely dominates the internet. I'm that mad at Mozilla and all their bullshit they've been doing to Firefox for years now and I kept defending them just because of this. No more. It'll be their fault for Chromium's monopoly, not because users picked this way. They forced us this way.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Great, thanks for censoring the actual URL and effectively breaking it. Good filtering system...

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Yeah, [removed]nuts at Firefox subreddit banned me for 2 months because I told them their new URL bar is literal cancer 2 days before they actually launched Firefox 75. 2 days later, everyone told them their new URL bar sucks. I can only assume they banned all of them too. And I didn't just say "your thing sucks", I explained it in great detail why. Because developers at Mozilla are idiots. There really isn't any other way of putting it nicely. Guess how much they listened and improved it since. Hint, the answer is none. It's exactly the same broken ugly garbage it was in Firefox 75. I also haven't bothered to report anything to Bugzilla either, because I gave up on it years ago. Anything you posted there they downplayed it with some lame excuse and then continued ignoring it. Anything literally has to be creating black holes into fiber of time space continuum for them to give half a [removed] about and consider as broken. As evident from what a monumental mess new URL bar is. Like, it's literally the most broken, messed out and out of place feature that goes against any and all design language and they are just sticking with it no matter what. Removal of the internal switch for it after just 2 versions is a literal "[removed] you" to all the Firefox users. What other browser makes URL bar pop into a bigger form as you click into it and for what god damn reason it should be doing that in the first place? I clicked into it, I know I'm there, you don't have to increase its size 5000%. What was wrong with visible but subtle blue highlight it had before? No, it has to flash, twitch, overlap everything, refuse to shrink when you click outside on tab instead of webpage area etc...

I've posted about it in long with examples on my blog:

Seriously, Mozilla is done. It's dead. And so is Firefox. I used to care a lot how Mozilla's own browser engine matters and how it keeps things in check globally by preventing Chromium's monopoly. Well, they've been [removed]ing up things so badly I honestly don't care anymore if both Mozilla and Firefox are just entirely gone now and Chromium absolutely and entirely dominates the internet. I'm that mad at Mozilla and all their bullshit they've been doing to Firefox for years now and I kept defending them just because of this. No more. It'll be their fault for Chromium's monopoly, not because users picked this way. They forced us this way.

Do you think that Mozilla will eventually switch to Chromium too to survive?

-John Jr

Chipicao

Level 2
May 17, 2020
Do you think that Mozilla will eventually switch to Chromium too to survive?

-John Jr

No that's stupid, even if they change to Chromium why I should use Chromium if is the same engine has Google Chrome, Edge? In such case, I go literally with Google Chrome.

I use Firefox because it's different than others, this is the first reason why I use Firefox. If Mozilla Switch's to Chromium. I don't see any reason to still using it.

Also I think if Mozilla does that, that will be a non sense switch.

IMO.

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Great, thanks for censoring the actual URL and effectively breaking it. Good filtering system...
Do you know that you can simple add a link to a short text (name) in nearly all editors nowadays, like Rezjor Rant-a-lot

Went over to have a look at the blog Rezjor Rant-a-lot. A man yelling at the sky, because all his sound advice is ignored by Mozzilla, Vivaldi, Avast, Google, Microsoft, Doom, Canonical . . . . What's wrong with this world?

By the way can I apply as your aide (my real name is Sancho and my previous Don lost his life fighting windmill's)

Last edited:

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
@goodjohnjr
Firefox changing engine to Chromium wouldn't change a thing if they kept on doing dumb ##### to the functionality of the browser. And they keep on doing just that to fight away anyone still left using Firefox. Can't imagine what the hell is going through their thick heads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.