Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Firefox Password Manager, Firefox Lockwise about to get even better with next version Firefox 85. Mozilla, for the first time, has added an option to remove all logins saved to Firefox Lockwise. Till now you need to go through the cumbersome practice of removing each login manually, which no longer required from the next Firefox version onwards.
Firefox remove all logins confirmation dialog
Firefox 85: quickly remove all saved logins from Firefox Lockwise
  1. Launch Firefox browser
  2. Click on the Hamburger menu, select “Logins and Passwords”
  3. Click on the three-dot icon on the top right of the page and select ” Remove All Logins”
    Firefox Lockwise Remove all logins option
  4. When Firefox asks for your confirmation, check “Yes, Remove these logins” and click “Removal All”.
Doing so removes all logins you saved to the browser and breach alerts if any that appear and the action cannot be undone.
So think twice before deleting website usernames and passwords from Firefox Lockwise.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
So 'Clear History' will not clear saved passwords?
I don't know yet, we would have to check on the latest beta Firefox 85...
But user passwords should be stored even when you would like to "clear history" otherwise makes no sense at least to me, or what do you think ?

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I don't know yet, we would have to check on the latest beta Firefox 85...
But user passwords should be stored even when you would like to "clear history" otherwise makes no sense at least to me, or what do you think ?
In Ungoogled Chromium it's as below. I believe Chrome/Brave also the same

1610017587075.png

In FF it's as below

1610017434239.png

The question was raised before. Read here

Attachments

• 1610017329892.png
    1610017329892.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.