Advice Request Firefox fork with better bookmarks handling

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

pxxb1

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Hi

Is there a fork of Firefox that has easier handling, overall, of the bookmarks then Ff has?

Nautilus

Level 2
Apr 27, 2020
you could install librewolf , it let's you import your bookmarks from the first startup and also you can set the preference of the bookmarls bar , like chrome does ;)

Reactions: plat

pxxb1

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Thank you guys!
I realize i was not clear enough in my question, it is not a better bookmarks manager i want but a better bookmark meny. Easier, simpler.

I shall test Libre.

Reactions: Stopspying

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
For what it's worth LibreWolf is the exact same as Firefox in that regard as it's a direct fork off of it. You could try mozilla addons, there are a bunch of bookmark extensions with extensive features that can effectively replace the default bookmarks menu (you can hide it out of sight).

There are many, out there each with their own specifics, therefore I personally find it hard to recommend one over the other.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.