Troubleshoot Firefox Freeze Prob

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Firefox always freezes for few secs first time on visiting any HTTPS site i.e FF hangs on first visited HTTPS site...thereafter no probs with HTTPS sites. Any HTTPS websites I visit FF will Freeze for few secs. Further no probs with HTTPS sites.

After restarting browser the same thing.

It seems some prob between FF & Flash.
If Flash is uninstalled then no probs.

FF latest
Flash latest

This prob I am facing from last 2-3 FF versions.

Win 7 64

Reactions: Logethica

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
What extensions , plugins & theme r installed in ur system? can i know or get a screenshot? Did u updated ur NPAPI Flash plugin? Did u tried to clean browser trash /reset browser? Also did u have any AV in ur system which install root certificate & scans HTTP/HTTPS sites?

Reactions: Kent
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
U still not reset firefox settings i guess & u said when u uninstalled firefox it works, strange.
I have tried reinstalling FF after running ccleaner & wise registry cleaner.
And I didn't said uninstalled FF, I said uninstalled Flash.
I have tried CyberFox 32 & 64 Bits Intel version & have the same prob.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
in my case, firefox crash flash on youtube, omegle... and when I open twitter or facebook firefox stop for a while...
conclusion:I change Firefox to Opera.
I advise you remove all the extensions and see if the problem remains.
After reinstalling I had tried without extensions but prob remains.

Upvote 0

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Firefox always freezes for few secs first time on visiting any HTTPS site i.e FF hangs on first visited HTTPS site...thereafter no probs with HTTPS sites. Any HTTPS websites I visit FF will Freeze for few secs. Further no probs with HTTPS sites.

After restarting browser the same thing.

It seems some prob between FF & Flash.
If Flash is uninstalled then no probs.

FF latest
Flash latest

This prob I am facing from last 2-3 FF versions.

Win 7 64
@yesnoo, I have had problems with Firefox hanging (love it/hate it):oops: too, although both previous to the latest versions granted me some reprieve.:cool:
Well, Firefox's freezing, hanging, irritating ways, finally <clicked> something in my brain.o_O Suffice to say: Firefox doesn't live on our Windows 8.1 system anymore,:rolleyes: although on Windows 7 it's as smooth as chocolate milk!:p I've also used Cyberfox in the past, and have found Pale Moon x64 (portable) with the same extensions (& some substituted with forks such as Adblock 'Latitude' & Encrypted Web [forked HTTPS Everywhere] for compatibility) & LastPass + 2 more extensios to be smoother and less hesitant.
Give it a spin!:):)

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
@yesnoo, I have had problems with Firefox hanging (love it/hate it):oops: too, although both previous to the latest versions granted me some reprieve.:cool:
Well, Firefox's freezing, hanging, irritating ways, finally <clicked> something in my brain.o_O Suffice to say: Firefox doesn't live on our Windows 8.1 system anymore,:rolleyes: although on Windows 7 it's as smooth as chocolate milk!:p I've also used Cyberfox in the past, and have found Pale Moon x64 (portable) with the same extensions (& some substituted with forks such as Adblock 'Latitude' & Encrypted Web [forked HTTPS Everywhere] for compatibility) & LastPass + 2 more extensios to be smoother and less hesitant.
Give it a spin!:):)
FF portable too gives the same prob.
But I am fine with FF as using portable now & as an optional browser.
Main browsers are IE & Chrome.
I will give Palemoon portable a try & see.

Upvote 0

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
FF portable too gives the same prob.
But I am fine with FF as using portable now & as an optional browser.
Main browsers are IE & Chrome.
I will give Palemoon portable a try & see.
Here's a page which lists compatible/Forked extensions for Pale Moon:
@yesnoo, my wish is that it operates well for you as it does for me,:) ..or perhaps an even better outcome would be for Firefox to no longer lag!:mad: :p:D

PS Have you met a very Chrome-like Chromium sourced browser yet called Slimjet?
It is the other fully functional x86 (portable) browser I prefer which is also endorsed and approved by our very own @frogboy. It does not collect data as does Chrome, and comes in both x86 & x64 versions.

Reactions: Kent and frogboy
Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Unfortunately Firefox have some problems even in most optimize computer for browsing experience therefore you need to change another type of browser. But if you still love FF then try this alternative called Cyberfox or WaterFox which both design to enhance the performance value.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Have been using Firefox and its various variants like Stable, Beta, Nightly, tete009 and other customized builds as well, never had any problem in browsing. Its a pleasure to be able to use this great browser. ^_^
@yesnoo u need to narrow down the problem area before u make the assumption that it is Firefox that is the culprit ;)
FF is the prob or FF with Flash is the prob. You can find this prob reported by many users on Wilders as well as FF forum.

But not a huge prob for me as mentioned in my previous post...I use FF portable as alternative...main browsers are Chrome & IE installed. Portable softs I keep trying different/new.
I will try couple FF variants & see if I face the same prob.
I had tried Cyberfox & face the same prob.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.