Solved Firefox, Windows 8 keyboard problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
Howdy guys, I'm having a problem with Firefox on Windows 8.

Randomly the keyboard will not work on it but will work with all other programs.

I have tried running Firefox in safe mode with all add-ons disabled and disabled hardware acceleration and still the keyboard will not work.

After I restart my system, then the keyboard will work for a short period then randomly just stop working.

I'm just using Windows Defender with Windows Firewall and default UAC.

I have tried searching and I can't find any answers.

Any help will be appreciated.

Good day.:D

simt

Jan 25, 2013
I couldn't help myself, I had to respond to this thread, just so I could throw in a real WTF curveball:
I'm having the exact same issues in Firefox on my laptop.
At random times, I suddenly can't input keys from my keyboard. Neither text nor shortcuts work anymore though I can still use the pointer and copy and paste by clicking in the menu.
For me it does seem to be tab specific. I can switch to another tab, start typing there and come back to find it might or might not have fixed locked up tab. Even if fixed, can lock up again just as quickly. (At this point have to resist urge to throw laptop against nearest wall.)
Keyboard also works fine everywhere else. So for now I've been using Safari.

I'm running latest Firefox, 18.0.1, on my Macbook using Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

In googling for a solution, to this issue seems to be happening as much on both PC and Apple systems. Which does seem to very specifically point the problem directly to Mozilla and not much else. (Not sure 'bout Linux)
And haven't seen a real solution anywhere for any system.

I think I'll go log this at Mozilla's bug forums now.

Sim.

Upvote 0
P

Plexx

I suppose previous builds prior to version 18 does not have this issue, so as a temporary measure, I am sure users can use such versions.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.