Advice Request Firejail not working with Firefox v84

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
The very first time I tried Mint I had no problems with Firejail, but I have switched to a few distros but I always come back to Mint...now after installing FJ, when I open FF, it won't load and basically is unable to do anything like it's frozen???

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
The very first time I tried Mint I had no problems with Firejail, but I have switched to a few distros but I always come back to Mint...now after installing FJ, when I open FF, it won't load and basically is unable to do anything like it's frozen???
What are the versions of your Linux Mint and the version of FireJail ?

I found one thread below on Linux Mint Forums:

Unfortunately, there seems to be NO solution for everyone, but you can asking there for more help as here are only a few users of Linux Mint.

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
Looks like a Mint specific bug, just installed Firejail to test and it works fine on Ubuntu 20.10

1608868956414.png

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
I finally got it working by installing this way...

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:deki/firejail
apt update
apt install firejail
sudo firecfg
I'd suggest upgrading to Mint 20 instead of using PPAs, firejail is broken on Ubuntu 18.04

Last edited:

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.