OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
I have installed windows 1809 update and i have a setting under core isolation that i can't seem to find how to turn it on nor I can find any information about it.
Google wasn't my friend for this one so if anyone can help much appreciated.
View attachment 199228
I think its a Pro only feature that uses TPM 2 and above to protect BIOS along w/ Boot guard technology. So overall its the end of user adjustable BIOS.
I have 1809 pro with updates, and I don't see that option at all. I have only Memory integrity, and that's it.
Maybe it is hardware-dependent.
Yeah it is. Need hardware support like TPM2 and above. Even Fingerprint or Touch Id will serve as a measure.

Eddie Morra

Level 8
Content Creator
I have not updated my VM OS to 1809 yet. My core isolation only shows a memory protection slider as of now. I will update it later and see what shows then.
I installed Windows 10 Enterprise for version 1809 on a VM and applied all updates that could be found; I was still left with only the memory integrity feature. No Windows Defender System Guard option.

Hardware: Virtualization extensions - Intel VT-x, AMD-V is needed for device guard
hyper-v hypervisor must be installed. i can't run for exampla android emulator software that require hyper-v under device guard
i don't know if you can turn on device guard under vm

ticklemefeet

Level 17
Verified
Hardware: Virtualization extensions - Intel VT-x, AMD-V is needed for device guard
hyper-v hypervisor must be installed. i can't run for exampla android emulator software that require hyper-v under device guard
i don't know if you can turn on device guard under vm
Not sure if this is true but I was reading that if you use Hypervisor (ESXi) 6.5, you can run device guard in a VM but I don't think you can run hyper V and a VM at same time without Hypervisor (ESXi) 6.5
https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/details?downloadGroup=ESXI650&productId=614#product_downloads

DeepWeb

Level 18
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
Not sure if this is true but I was reading that if you use Hypervisor (ESXi) 6.5, you can run device guard in a VM but I don't think you can run hyper V and a VM at same time without Hypervisor (ESXi) 6.5
Download VMware vSphere
Microsoft promised to make it compatible with 3rd party hypervisors two years ago...... cricket sounds.
Microsoft is not helping renaming features with every build!! It's so confusing. That being said either it is TPM2. In that case if you have compatible hardware it will turn on by itself and it will be disabled if you don't.

If it's HVCI (Hyper-V Code Integrity) related, you need to enable Hyper-V virtualization in your BIOS and enable Hypervisor in Windows Features and be aware it adds massive CPU overhead to everything and your AV might break.