Firmware Protection Windows 1809 - How to turn it on?

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
I got in touch with MS support via Twitter and also asked in technet but none of them could tell me how to activate firmware protection. Does anyone have anything new? Thank you very much. Best regards.

Reactions: Vasudev and shmu26

Ohad

Apr 28, 2019
The docs for this feature (available since Dec 2018) seem to be here. If I'm reading them correctly:
  1. System Guard = Secure Launch = Firmware protection
  2. There is a very long list of requirements to enable it (table at the bottom), including Intel vPro 8th gen processor or later (or SD850 or later) and TPM2.
This MSDN blog post, written at Jan 2019, says: "At the time of this blog post no devices have yet shipped that include hardware support for Secure Launch including all Microsoft Surface devices and any other OEM devices. The first devices with this support included are not expected to be available on the market until the 2nd quarter of calendar year 2019 "

Reactions: Vasudev and shmu26

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.