First Look at an early version of the Windows 10 Consumer Preview (video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

Microsoft is yet to announce any consumer features which will be available in Windows 10, but thanks to a leak earlier today, we've got our hands on what appears to be an early build of what Microsoft is planning to reveal to consumers in January. The new build includes Cortana, an updated UI and many improved apps. So let's dig in.

Cortana is one of many features which appears to be on schedule for a reveal in January. In this build, her UI is far more polished than what she was when we exclusively unveiled her running on the desktop a few weeks ago. Not only that, but the taskbar has started to get an update.

Furthermore, apps throughout the operating system are being updated too. A whole number of apps have been given a complete UI overhaul, and we expect many more apps to join in on the facelift soon. This is our first proper look at the direction in which the Modern UI is going, and it's definitely a positive one.

Read more: http://www.winbeta.org/news/first-look-early-version-windows-10-consumer-preview-video

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks for sharing. This was a very interesting video. I liked it, and after viewing changed my vote from "Don't know yet.." to "Yes"!!:cool:
Will I update?:rolleyes: When everything works.;):D

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Thanks for sharing. This was a very interesting video. I liked it, and after viewing changed my vote from "Don't know yet.." to "Yes"!!:cool:
Will I update?:rolleyes: When everything works.;):D
I think i will stick with i don't know yet. But i will give it some thought though and make up my mind when i can see it all working 100%. :D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I like the tech preview builds I have installed in VM so far but I went with "Don't Know Yet" . Took me forever to leave XP for Windows 7 which I have become quite fond of.I do have Windows 8.1 dual booted on a couple machines and I do use it from time to time but still use Windows 7 the majority of the time. I have to say though that 10 looks very promising and an easier move to make from Windows 7 than it was from 7 to 8

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Impressive leaks build that happened last several weeks, this question will remain to be answer "The next XP, and Windows 7 legacy?" :D

Since Windows 8 prior release didn't have a lot of catchy but opposite for upcoming build.

E

eight

this question will remain to be answer "The next XP, and Windows 7 legacy?"

Windows Xp is in heaven now ;)

microsoft graveyard.jpg

Windows 7 will soon have a place up there :p

Windows 8 today :cool: Windows 10 tomorrow :rolleyes: 53 % positive votes on the poll :D

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Nice video but i prefer the simplicity and stability of windows 7. These new apps and features are totally useless for professionals like music producers, photographers,designers etc......
Windows 10 looks more like a smartphone than a PC.
However, normal users or even gamers may like it.
If i ever install windows 10 i will definitely disable all these apps and stores etc......

Last edited:
E

eight

Windows 10 looks more than a smartphone than a PC

You are right :)

Windows 8 was designed & conceptualised keeping in mind the advent of tablets & smartphones.

Windows 8 onwards Microsoft's Operating Systems will be Touch Friendly keeping in mine the surge of Touch

Screen devices. Hence the look of Windows 10 resembles that of a Nokia Lumia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
:)
...keeping in mine the surge of Touch

Screen devices. Hence the look of Windows 10 resembles that of a Nokia Lumia.
Hm... Maybe I can save a bundle of money by going out and getting a Nokia Lumia instead!!;) :p:D

Reactions: frogboy
I

illumination

I chose I dont Know yet, as it will depend on the final release, and if it does indeed end up a subscription model with limited functionality unless subscribed. The features look nice, and i have played with earlier preview builds in the VM.

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Nice video but i prefer the simplicity and stability of windows 7. These new apps and features are totally useless for professionals like music producers, photographers,designers etc......
Windows 10 looks more than a smartphone than a PC.
However, normal users or even gamers may like it.
If i ever install windows 10 i will definitely disable all these apps and stores etc......
Exactly my thoughts;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.