Troubleshoot Folders turn into shortcut but attrib command can't help

Feliks Zemdegs

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 3, 2018
Hello everyone.I am having an issue with shortcut virus (I think) on a folder which I have copied from SD card. When the copying was done, I checked and opened the copied files and they were okay, but then the next day the folder turned into a shortcut like this. I have run attrib command but it helps nothing. Properties of the shortcut is like this

Code:
comspec% /c "{e353e67e-15d8-37d1-df84-9db4ab9f4270}\cc15a8c6-fe8c-3a0d-d6f2-a27a4b981103.exe 'PHotos to32G tfCard\'"

Scanning with MalwareByte I got this result, then I quarantined. Summary file is here:
HTML:
https://husteduvn-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/duong_nt160839_sis_hust_edu_vn/EURQkiEwMDZAn6rRxFWRRZsBX1vbhL9uo05WLGcrSBZvww?e=Ycg4V0

Screenshot:
screen.PNG

So how can I fix it. I think I had copied the right way (right click the folder and choose Copy then Paste). Thank you. (Sorry I post here because my post on sevenforums get no respond!)

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
If you feel serious problems with your system please open a new ticket (thread) in our Malware Removal Assistance Forum

Check these before anything

Upvote 0

Khairul

Level 2
Verified
Feb 3, 2015
Hello everyone.I am having an issue with shortcut virus (I think) on a folder which I have copied from SD card. When the copying was done, I checked and opened the copied files and they were okay, but then the next day the folder turned into a shortcut like this. I have run attrib command but it helps nothing. Properties of the shortcut is like this

Code:
comspec% /c "{e353e67e-15d8-37d1-df84-9db4ab9f4270}\cc15a8c6-fe8c-3a0d-d6f2-a27a4b981103.exe 'PHotos to32G tfCard\'"

Scanning with MalwareByte I got this result, then I quarantined. Summary file is here:
HTML:
https://husteduvn-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/duong_nt160839_sis_hust_edu_vn/EURQkiEwMDZAn6rRxFWRRZsBX1vbhL9uo05WLGcrSBZvww?e=Ycg4V0

Screenshot:
View attachment 224017
So how can I fix it. I think I had copied the right way (right click the folder and choose Copy then Paste). Thank you. (Sorry I post here because my post on sevenforums get no respond!)

This

Code:

HTML:

Screenshot:
View attachment 224017

This shown that the malware still existed in your system. Whatever you found in the system might not be the main body of the malware, suggested by the long id created by the file suggested that it has been create by other malware that still exist in your system.

Try posted in the section mention above by staff member, or try download eset and do a full scan on your system, eset usually have fast update on this lnk malwaretypes on their database.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.