For Gaming PC: AVG, Kaspersky or Bitdefender?

Which antivirus is better for gaming PC: Kasperksy, AVG or Bitdefender?

• Kaspersky Antivirus

• AVG Antivirus

• Bitdefender Antivirus

• Other (Specify in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
For a gaming machine I would really test all your options. Kaspersky is known to cause some slight network delays on some configurations. Bitdefender either works very well or bugs something. AVG is usually light. You may wish to try them on your machine for their full trial period and see which ones impacts your games.

Do not test just for a day or two or you may confuse some temporary network issue with a problem caused by the AV.

artek

Level 5
Verified
May 23, 2014
For a gaming machine I would really test all your options. Kaspersky is known to cause some slight network delays on some configurations. Bitdefender either works very well or bugs something. AVG is usually light. You may wish to try them on your machine for their full trial period and see which ones impacts your games.

Do not test just for a day or two or you may confuse some temporary network issue with a problem caused by the AV.

They all do that in my experience. The only one I've found that hasn't messed with my game performance is Cylance.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Hello all sorry if this has been already discussed a 100 times.

I need some advice, here is the basis. I have a gaming pc that strictly game on, I will browse the net but not often.

I am currently running MBAM pro, and Webroot. Webroot is almost up and i am looking to jump ship. There are some deals on newegg right now for Kaspersky, AVG, and bitdefender. Wondering if any of those are suitable replacements.

Now I have had problems in the past with Panda, and Avira with games. I am not wanting to go down that path again. Plus with all the other garbage that comes with avira ill pass (i just need av).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

All of those are crap for a gaming rig. Trust me on that.

Go with Cylance+OSArmor, Panda w/OSArmor, or possibly Norton.. But the ones listed? Nope.

We're huge gamers here. NOTHING can mess with our gaming. Cylance is literally the best gaming AV IMO provided you stash OSA with it just to be safe. Panda and Norton also seem fine for gaming rigs.

outlawxtorn

Level 6
Verified
Content Creator
May 29, 2017
All of those are crap for a gaming rig. Trust me on that.

Go with Cylance+OSArmor, Panda w/OSArmor, or possibly Norton.. But the ones listed? Nope.

We're huge gamers here. NOTHING can mess with our gaming. Cylance is literally the best gaming AV IMO provided you stash OSA with it just to be safe. Panda and Norton also seem fine for gaming rigs.
Cylance+OSArmor+VS here on my gaming pc.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
avast/AVG, immunet, comodo cloud seem to do well for gaming
you can add your games into whitelist or disable behavior blocker while gaming

Do not use an AV with very high memory usage, you would get out-of-memory after a while playing your gaming. I got BSODs with emsisoft because it consumes >600MBs of RAM no matter memory optimization is enabled or not

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.