Advice Request For Norton users

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I am talking about copying files from USB drives and my external HDD. Transfer speed drops to zero then start going up slowly. Might be caused by sth else? I am not sure, but I did not face this exact issue while using BD.

Maybe a recent update of Intel Rapid Storage driver caused this? Is it even related?

I hope someone using Norton would step in and share their experience. It would be much appreciated.

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Hello, in my case, running Norton 360 Premium in a LG Gram, I haven't noticed any slowdown, I am used to transfer big amount of photos from my Sony alpha camera, and the speed doesnt drop as you describe.

• Thanks
Reactions: Divine_Barakah

Jengo

Level 6
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
No slowdowns what so ever. I changed from BD to Norton 360 just now.
BD has a bug and support can not help, so i uninstall it.

Reactions: blueblackwow65

Bruno OwlWhisper

Jan 30, 2023
Most likely hardware related other than software.
To verify this, please temporarily disable all Norton's protections and try again.

If it's the same thing, then it's not Norton's fault.

Reactions: nickstar1

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.