App Review Forticlient 7.0 Free 2022

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the Forticlient test!
Forticlient is an antivirus software edited by the American company Fortinet, very well known in companies.
The editor also offers a free version for individuals.
The interface is not very clear, a novice can easily get lost...
Strangely enough, it offers a Sandbox, but you need to have a server with a Web host... I admit that I don't understand the logic, a local Sandbox like Comodo would have been enough...

Protection level, it's very very average...
On the Web, Forticlient behaves very well by blocking threats at the source...
But, on the pack, Forticlient detects a lot of malware, but it is not enough!
As soon as you run it, the machine is quickly infected, and it's not surprising... Forticlient has NO advanced protection, only a virus database... Unfortunately, in 2022, this is completely outdated and insufficient to protect you effectively.
Not recommended.

/!\ : For the music, it did not exist in instrumental version. So I had to create one based on the original ;)

RAM Usage : Light
Malware URL test : 10/10 (All detected)
Fake crack : 1/1 (Detected)
Malware Pack : Remaining 17 files out of 143.
Forticlient leaves the biggest threats after the scan, and does not block them at launch.
The machine is quickly infected by various Trojans, RATs, Botnets etc.
This is not surprising, Forticlient does not have advanced defensive shields...

Resistance to script attacks: No

Result :
Forticlient: 0
NPE : 35
KVRT : 16

Recommand : No
System Clean : No system infected

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
Hello and welcome to the Forticlient test!
Forticlient is an antivirus software edited by the American company Fortinet, very well known in companies.
The editor also offers a free version for individuals.
The interface is not very clear, a novice can easily get lost...
Strangely enough, it offers a Sandbox, but you need to have a server with a Web host... I admit that I don't understand the logic, a local Sandbox like Comodo would have been enough...

Protection level, it's very very average...
On the Web, Forticlient behaves very well by blocking threats at the source...
But, on the pack, Forticlient detects a lot of malware, but it is not enough!
As soon as you run it, the machine is quickly infected, and it's not surprising... Forticlient has NO advanced protection, only a virus database... Unfortunately, in 2022, this is completely outdated and insufficient to protect you effectively.
Not recommended.

/!\ : For the music, it did not exist in instrumental version. So I had to create one based on the original ;)

RAM Usage : Light
Malware URL test : 10/10 (All detected)
Fake crack : 1/1 (Detected)
Malware Pack : Remaining 17 files out of 143.
Forticlient leaves the biggest threats after the scan, and does not block them at launch.
The machine is quickly infected by various Trojans, RATs, Botnets etc.
This is not surprising, Forticlient does not have advanced defensive shields...

Resistance to script attacks: No

Result :
Forticlient: 0
NPE : 35
KVRT : 16

Recommand : No
System Clean : No system infected

Wow, do you think that a corporate version or the paid version is better? Since now, I am scratching my head why so many corporations use it? Even a user here called ForgottenSeer 58943 used it...speaking of...where is ForgottenSeer 58943? I used to Lurk here for ages since my main site was Wilders.

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Wow, do you think that a corporate version or the paid version is better? Since now, I am scratching my head why so many corporations use it? Even a user here called ForgottenSeer 58943 used it...speaking of...where is ForgottenSeer 58943? I used to Lurk here for ages since my main site was Wilders.

Whether it's the enterprise version or this version, I don't recommend it...
It is better to turn to another antivirus

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
Company IT admin would consider other factors such as ease of deployment, quality of service, cost, etc. If your company is a big one, a Fortinet sandbox solution is likely to be implemented and unknown suspicious files can be analyzed in it. Also, Fortinet provides an excellent firewall solution.

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
Company IT admin would consider other factors such as ease of deployment, quality of service, cost, etc. If your company is a big one, a Fortinet sandbox solution is likely to be implemented and unknown suspicious files can be analyzed in it. Also, Fortinet provides an excellent firewall solution.
Oh I fully understand their firewall solution I was just dismayed regarding their AV solution.

The question is; How effective is their sandbox? Is it a kitty litter or military desert training grounds?

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
So, as long as you don't use an external hard drive/pen drive, we are fairly safe with F-secure, given how good it's shields are during web browsing?

Reactions: Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.