FortiClient vs W10 Defender

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoahTheWinUser

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 17, 2017
Hello!
Is FortiClient only an AV, or also an anti-malware suite? Which is better: Windows 10's Defender, or FortiClient?
I've heard FortiClient's memory usage is quite high, is that correct?
If none of these are recommended, can someone please recommend me a free of charge security configuration? Thank you!

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Forti 100%.
btw that Forti is useless if you don't wanna pay to them.
you can get sandbox in the paid version... that sandbox is smth like the cuckoo sandbox..worth the price without that you don't have zero-day protection.

NoahTheWinUser

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 17, 2017
Forti 100%.
btw that Forti is useless if you don't wanna pay to them.
you can get sandbox in the paid version... that sandbox is smth like the cuckoo sandbox..worth the price without that you don't have zero-day protection.
FortiClient is a free antivirus (and perhaps antimalware, not sure) and there is no paid version from what I can find? Also, how is the free version "useless"?

NoahTheWinUser

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 17, 2017
forticlient is endpoint security, do you really need that?

have a look here : Download Avira Free Security Suite 2017
What's wrong with Endpoint Security? I think that I need a sufficient security suite and thought FortiClient could be the answer. I might try Avira but I feel like I want to try some alternative products first, lesser known. :) Not one of the big names. Thanks for the suggestion, tho!

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
If you're a happy clicker then don't go with Windows Defender and pick something else. If you know the DO's and DONT's of basic internet browsing, then Windows Defender (on Windows 8 and beyond) can suite you with no problems.

Reactions: ispx
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.