Frame of mind's Configuration

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Welcome To Malware Tips.
Well your configurations might require minor tune ups, but its optional for u.
Firstly Enable your UAC (Mandatory); then you can try a password manager for ur password storage and safe logins to registered web sties by adding Lastpass Free Password Manager.
With this I highly recommend you a backup solution for ur PC files. And also u can try Hitman Pro Alert for enhanced addition layer of security.

Make Correction: Malwarebytes Antimalware

Reactions: Oxygen

Frame of Mind

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2015
Welcome To Malware Tips.
Well your configurations might require minor tune ups, but its optional for u.
Firstly Enable your UAC (Mandatory); then you can try a password manager for ur password storage and safe logins to registered web sties by adding Lastpass Free Password Manager.
With this I highly recommend you a backup solution for ur PC files. And also u can try Hitman Pro Alert for enhanced addition layer of security.

Make Correction: Malwarebytes Antimalware

Thanks for the fast answer! I forgot to say I use Lastpass because I though it asked for only privacy/safety extensions/plugins. Thanks for the Hitman Pro tip, will check out. About the backup, I don't think I will be using it any moment soon.

Thanks for reading,
John.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Thanks for the fast answer! I forgot to say I use Lastpass because I though it asked for only privacy/safety extensions/plugins. Thanks for the Hitman Pro tip, will check out. About the backup, I don't think I will be using it any moment soon.

Thanks for reading,
John.
Good to hear that u have the essential one. But regarding backup, u can store ur important document files and some minor sized folders over online sync services like Google Drive / One Drive / Dropbox. I highly recommend this. Its worth doing it.

Frame of Mind

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2015
Good to hear that u have the essential one. But regarding backup, u can store ur important document files and some minor sized folders over online sync services like Google Drive / One Drive / Dropbox. I highly recommend this. Its worth doing it.

Yes, you are right. Will do it soon, thanks again!

Thanks for reading,
John.

Frame of Mind

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2015
I recommend that you install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7. Why haven't you opted for SP1 yet?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/service-packs-download#sptabs=win7

I can suggest using Unchecky. It will assist you during tricky software installations and help prevent Adware/Toolbars and other Unwanted Programs from being installed.
http://unchecky.com/

I am pretty sure I have the service pack. And just downloaded Unchecky, thanks for the tips!

Thanks for reading,
John.

Reactions: Oxygen

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Good Config!! Other than the suggestions on a backup solution and making sure you have UAC enabled and SP1 installed everything looks good :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Good start for your configuration setup, add another no harm scanner (Hitman Pro or Zemana AntiMalware)

I'm assuming you use Sandboxie the one you post on Privacy and Optimization. ;)

Frame of Mind

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2015
Good start for your configuration setup, add another no harm scanner (Hitman Pro or Zemana AntiMalware)

I'm assuming you use Sandboxie the one you post on Privacy and Optimization. ;)

Yes, I though most people know it as sandbox, not sandboxie.

Thanks for reading,
John.

artifice22

Level 2
Verified
Apr 11, 2015
Hello
My name is artifice22 and I will be assisting you today,
your config is good but

Try installing:
1. Glary Utilities:
  • Boosts PC speed and fixes frustrating errors, crashes and freezes.
  • Features one-click functionality and easy, automated options.
  • Over 20 tools to maximize your Computer's performance.
  • Online-support with any issues that may arouse.
  • Over 20 tools to maximize your Computer's performance
  • The No. 1 Free, Powerful and All-in-one utility for cleaning your PC.
2. Kaspersky Anti-Virus:

Essential Protection for Your PC
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 is your PC’s first line of defense against today’s complex malware threats. From the moment it’s installed, you benefit from essential, real-time protection against the latest malware attacks – without affecting your PC’s performance.

• NoLeftNav_icon210-220794.png

Defends against the latest viruses, spyware & more
  • NoLeftNav_icon310-220795.png

Scans & warns you about dangerous weblinks & emails
  • NoLeftNav_icon410-220796.png

Combines protection & performance for your PC

Product reviews : http://www.kaspersky.com/anti-virus#Feature2

Reactions: CrimbangHD

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.