Help Me Decide Free Antivirus of the Year 2017 [Nominations Thread]

[BET POLL] By what margin will the 2017 free antivirus winner beat the 2nd place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OS
Linux
Antivirus
Microsoft
My vote goes for Kaspersky free.

It´s curious to see how opinions moving, I perceive that this is a forum with great knowledge.

In this same vote a year or two ago, we could see Qihoo, Avira, Baidu, Tencent, Comodo ... and it's early, but I have not seen any vote towards them.

I love seeing that there are no preconceived ideas and that people value the quality of the moment.

Thanks for that. :)

P.S. I think the difference will be between 16-20 and that Avast will win, although my choice is Kaspersky

Anupam

Level 21
OS
Windows 7
My vote goes for Kaspersky free.

It´s curious to see how opinions moving, I perceive that this is a forum with great knowledge.

In this same vote a year or two ago, we could see Qihoo, Avira, Baidu, Tencent, Comodo ... and it's early, but I have not seen any vote towards them.

I love seeing that there are no preconceived ideas and that people value the quality of the moment.

Thanks for that. :)

P.S. I think the difference will be between 16-20 and that Avast will win, although my choice is Kaspersky
Only downside that I feel with Kaspersky free is it does not have any BB. Other that that it's a very good one.

OS
Linux
Antivirus
Microsoft
Only downside that I feel with Kaspersky free is it does not have any BB. Other that that it's a very good one.
You're totally right, but the truth, for me, very few people run their antivirus alone. Some use firewall policies, others an antiexe, others a bit of everything. In the end, if I use Kaspersky free + VoodooShield, I do not miss a BB very much, that's why Kaspersky is now, for me, the first choice.
For running alone would be Avast for sure

Evjl's Rain

Level 35
Content Creator
Trusted
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 8.1
Antivirus
Avast
If we use just a single security product, avast is by far the best and one of the hardest to bypass by normal malware

Comodo is also another option but it's like a default-deny product. It's AV component is poor. It's useful for moderate to advanced users

Kaspersky free has the best signatures and the best cloud implementation but it's too risky to use it alone. Must use with VS or other products

Panda free has good web filter (bundled with adwares), OK signatures but very poor BB

WD is good too but I don't believe it's enough to use alone and the internet connection must always be available because the offline signatures are average or mediocre

Qihoo: it's very bad against zero-day malwares, extremely poor BB and cloud engine, good HIPS but only good against ransomwares. not recommended

Anupam

Level 21
OS
Windows 7
You're totally right, but the truth, for me, very few people run their antivirus alone. Some use firewall policies, others an antiexe, others a bit of everything. In the end, if I use Kaspersky free + VoodooShield, I do not miss a BB very much, that's why Kaspersky is now, for me, the first choice.
For running alone would be Avast for sure
Agreed. I personally do not like lots of security suits :p. Reason is simple. I know my clicks :) . But still I want atleast someone to look beyond my common sense :p . Avast is doing the job for quite a long time.

In my dad's system I kept only Kaspersky and his account I created as a limited access rights since he does not install any softwares and I don't want to provide administrative permission to someone who does not know much what he is doing :D