In-depth Comparison

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Hello and we are back for 2021 :) Usually I do these polls every 2 or 3 years, but since I have some extra time this year, why not? Let's see the WINNERS we've had for the polls in the previous years.

2020 Winner - Windows Defender
2018 Winner - Kaspersky Free Antivirus
2017 Winner - Avast Free Antivirus
2015 Winner - Qihoo Total Security

Last time Windows Defender won the nominations & the final round. This time are we expecting anything different? Let's wait and watch :)

To make these nominations/results more constructive for the end-user, please state the pros and cons for each antivirus that you nominate to help other users.

WINNER DECISION: 2 Phases

NOMINATE AT MOST: 2 Products
NOMINATION PHASE: 4th Dec - 10th Dec

FINAL POLL: 5 Products (most nominated)
POLL PHASE: 11th Dec - 17th Dec

WINNER DECLARATION: 18th Dec

Paid Antivirus nominations to start after this :D

CURRENT NOMINATION STANDINGS (votes) - Till @ there may be more votes
Note: If I can't edit this post anymore, please check for my following posts for latest standings

------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
My top pick for free would be
Bitdefender
Kaspersky

The beta version is called FS Protection, I do know someone who been using it for some time as far as I've heard its quite stable.
A side note : Seems like Bitdefender free will stop (Source BD Forum) Bitdefender free and new version for the year 2021

Hello Mike,
I received an email saying that Bitdefender Free will no longer be available and as a Bitdefender Free user I can get a discount on Bitdefender Total (which I don't care about).
The only version of Bitdefender Free is the English and German one, the Italian one has never existed (even if requested several times).
So it is assumed that the only version of Bitdefender Free will no longer be available.

------------------------------- :rolleyes:

Hi
We're trying to concentrate our development and innovations towards layered security and protect our users beyond one platform. And protect all devices which connect to the internet, as now, everybody has multiple devices which might be exposed. Hence the offer you have received.

cheers,

Mike

cliffspab

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 4, 2019
WiseVector by a mile. It's all I want in an AV, except not being able to register it in Windows is too much of a ballache at moment, so im using the dirt cheap Eset Internet Security you can get in the country i live in. That's pretty good too.
I don't know if a vpn would work and they check cc card locales too, but shopee.co.th is a goldmine for av software for next to nothing.

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Final nominations/Standings

Product (no.of votes)
Kaspersky Security Cloud (28)
Windows Defender (21)
Avast/AVG (11)
WiseVector StopX (8)
Bitdefender (7)

Avira (1)
Symantec EndPoint Unmanaged (1)

This thread is now closed for nominations. Products colored in Violet will move to the poll phase
Please go to Free Antivirus of the Year 2021 - Poll to cast your vote.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.