Advice Request Free Kaspersky Security Cloud’s notification, is it a mitm attack??

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
Or Bitdefender Free which only has this subtle uprade hint in the GUI.
View attachment 245179
Even bitdefender is using these kind of tactics, using their home scanner will tell you that you have a problem that doesnt exist, they say the only way of "fixing it" is buying their IoT/Box product, NightHawk R7000p - Http uses an insecure authentication procedure, if they werent trying to mislead you they would mention that there are other ways than just buying their products.

Last edited:

RaduGL

Level 2
Verified
Aug 3, 2017
What Choice said is accurate.
On a same note, not even avast is using scareware tactis upon the first scan when you first install it.
Scummy practice no. Annoying practice yes.

Also the alert that the OP received is accurate (in terms of the information provided).
that alert was enough to scare OP into thinking it might be a mitm attack, as shown by the title of the post.
just like when Avast was warning me my IP was "exposed" because I'm not using a VPN.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
that alert was enough to scare OP into thinking it might be a mitm attack, as shown by the title of the post.
just like when Avast was warning me my IP was "exposed" because I'm not using a VPN.
without the use of vpn, your ip is exposed to a certain degree tho...

use wireshark without vpn, see all connections. use a reputable vpn and you see way less info to begin with.

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
or just like when microsoft edge pushed their new chrome product on me in my browser. that scared me too seeing as they only traditionally used windows update. me being scared was irrelevant, it was microsoft, and it was legit. but yeah, it's all annoying. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.