Expired Free one year subscription to VoodooShield!

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I think it has alot to do with user preference, I am not going to disrespect anyone just because I don't agree with what they like...UAC is annoying as heck to me but others may love it...I think someone with computer experience should set up VS for a novice user or it's possible that it may not do the job it's supposed to do as Littlebits mentioned...regardless of your pc knowledge if you are going to install any security you really need to educate yourself and read, read, read before you start installing anything.

I for one am very happy with VoodooShield and I thank you for the license and a wonderful piece of software that doesn't slow down older computers to a crawl!

VoodooShield

Level 1
Verified
Jul 2, 2013
I agree, I just wish people would try it before they reviewed it. I have been killing viruses for almost 15 years, and I have been working on VS for 80 hours a so a week for the last 2+ years. And to be honest, it is a little frustrating to have people trash my hard work, when all I am trying to do is protect computers... especially when most people who try VS love it.

There are other things in the reply that made me realize that he didn't try it... for example, he would have known that VS disables UAC on installation... I could go on, but I will stop now and just hope that people try VS before they give their opinion about it. I am not here to argue, I just want to kill viruses ;).

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
VoodooShield said:
I agree, I just wish people would try it before they reviewed it. I have been killing viruses for almost 15 years, and I have been working on VS for 80 hours a so a week for the last 2+ years. And to be honest, it is a little frustrating to have people trash my hard work, when all I am trying to do is protect computers... especially when most people who try VS love it.

There are other things in the reply that made me realize that he didn't try it... for example, he would have known that VS disables UAC on installation... I could go on, but I will stop now and just hope that people try VS before they give their opinion about it. I am not here to argue, I just want to kill viruses ;).

I did try it but the file hosted on Softpedia and other download sites are older then what is on their main website. I will have to try v.1.09 now.

Might want to let VoodooShield know they need to contact download sites and update their files. I always use Softpedia and since it was an external link I thought I downloaded the latest version.

Of coarse everyone should try it for themselves, one man's trash is another man's treasure and vise versa.

Where is the changelogs posted for it?

I will add the download link to the main thread post because others won't download an older version.

Thanks.:D

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
I think UAC is not a major solution for protection of the pc.
There are different scenario with different people.
Lets take example of me, I can surf on internet without protection or even Uac disabled but its my home pc and other member who use have not much knowledge about pc and I cannot leave my pc with just UAC as other member have no knowledge what they are doing on net.

UAC prompt in each and every action when set to Maximum and its really annoying and if its set to less than that there is chance of passing it.

Every time I read on tech forums that user have to have good habits of surfing and downloading and than you can easily protect your machine but its not a valid point as every user have different choice of websites :p

Its like that if someone had brand new sports car of 2013 with high-tech brakes and life protection balloon facilities and he run the car with 150-200 miles speed and someone suggest him that he can go safe without high-tech brakes and balloon protection but he had to drive with speed of just 40 miles per hour.

VoodooShield

Level 1
Verified
Jul 2, 2013
Yeah, we have come a long, long way, so please try the new version, we think you will be amazed. It is basically designed to set it and forget it. But if it happens to block something that you are trying to run, you can run it. It also helps that we automatically allow certain protected folder, you can change this in the options.

We thought all of the sites were updated with the latest version, but we will double check, thank you for the heads up!

The change logs are all over the place, but here are the last three.

So please try the new VS for a day or two, and let us know what you think!

Thank you!

VoodooShield 1.07 ChangeLog

Added Automatically Allow Windows 8 Metro App Installation

Added Do Not Whitelist items in the App Data Directory

Suppressed certain system balloon notifications

Changed "Train Me" to "Off"

Added an option to restore UAC during uninstall

VoodooShield 1.08 ChangeLog

Added VirusTotal integration. Button on user alert window, drag and drop file on the shield (Windows 8 drag and drop not yet supported)

Added new red alert window to Block / Allow / Scan with VirusTotal

Added How it Works - Better Instructions for new users

Added Custom Allowed Paths to always allow certain directories

Added Transparency setting for the Shield

Added a Do Not Blacklist option to turn off blacklisting of Scripts, .msi files, regedit, copy, CMD, and regsrv32

Added an option called Detection Rate so users can slow down the snapshot timer on slower computers

Added First Run subroutine for new installations to show the How it Works Window, and a prompt to tell the user that VS will activate in 10 minutes

Fixed errors in the user log

VoodooShield 1.09 ChangeLog

Fixed typos in How it Works

Stopped the desktop shield from appearing after settings is closed if minimized

Enabled "Do not Whitelist items in the App Data Directory" by default

Fixed bug in "Custom Programs that Activate VoodooShield in Smart Mode."

VoodooShield

Level 1
Verified
Jul 2, 2013
Spirit said:
I think UAC is not a major solution for protection of the pc.
There are different scenario with different people.
Lets take example of me, I can surf on internet without protection or even Uac disabled but its my home pc and other member who use have not much knowledge about pc and I cannot leave my pc with just UAC as other member have no knowledge what they are doing on net.

UAC prompt in each and every action when set to Maximum and its really annoying and if its set to less than that there is chance of passing it.

Every time I read on tech forums that user have to have good habits of surfing and downloading and than you can easily protect your machine but its not a valid point as every user have different choice of websites :p

Its like that if someone had brand new sports car of 2013 with high-tech brakes and life protection balloon facilities and he run the car with 150-200 miles speed and someone suggest him that he can go safe without high-tech brakes and balloon protection but he had to drive with speed of just 40 miles per hour.

I agree. I actually think the affirmative user prompt (UAC, everything else) is the most dangerous security hole around. Deny by default (VoodooShield) is the only way to go! Thank you!

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
I am using it on my 2nd machine which have norton as real time av and till I am really liking this product.
I think me and overkill were looking for license of similar product (not to mention the specific name of product) and I am happy to get a good alternative to that.
With time we will have more knowledge and experience about the product.

Thanks

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
just my 2 cents worth how does this software work with Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Online Armor just wondering

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
rebel4life said:
just my 2 cents worth how does this software work with Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Online Armor just wondering

Hi,
I think with OA you don't need this as it will just add one more "prompt action" for you.
If anyone using with this pack his opinion is welcome

VoodooShield

Level 1
Verified
Jul 2, 2013
Spirit said:
I am using it on my 2nd machine which have norton as real time av and till I am really liking this product.
I think me and overkill were looking for license of similar product (not to mention the specific name of product) and I am happy to get a good alternative to that.
With time we will have more knowledge and experience about the product.

Thanks

Cool, thank you, we appreciate that!

VoodooShield

Level 1
Verified
Jul 2, 2013
rebel4life said:

Hi, VS works with pretty much everything. The only thing that had a slight issues was Shadow Defender. If other people report issues with SD, we will contact them to see if we can figure out a solution, they have a great product too! Thank you!

erickeinstein

Jun 16, 2013
Voodoo

Dear VoodooShield Customer,

Due to an overwhelming response to our 1 free year subscription of VoodooShield promotion, we decided it was necessary to automate the process of setting up user accounts.

Please visit the following link and enter your email address and password to setup your account. You will then receive a confirmation that the account is active.

If you have any problems, please let us know!

http://voodooshield.com/freeoffer/

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Interesting software, but I don't think it's something I would use, and I'm not particularly fond of creating another web account.

Nevertheless, there was a certain software -which I cannot recall it's name, but it's developer was active on Wilders- that was a default deny sort of protection.

VoodooShield

Level 1
Verified
Jul 2, 2013
Earth said:
Interesting software, but I don't think it's something I would use, and I'm not particularly fond of creating another web account.

Nevertheless, there was a certain software -which I cannot recall it's name, but it's developer was active on Wilders- that was a default deny sort of protection.

I know what you mean, I cannot stand web accounts either, but we really had no choice. That is actually why we created the 14 day trial that you do not have to register for... that way you can figure out if you like it or not before you create yet another web account!

I am curious which software you are talking about on Wilders, if you happen to remember which one it is, please let us know. Since we started over 2 years ago, there have been at least 3 other developers / companies that have borrowed features that are covered in our patent, just in the last year. We try as hard as possible to not borrow proprietary features and intellectual property that other developers have worked so hard on, and spent massive amounts of time and money on. Thank you!

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Question...how long can it take for getting an answer from VoodooShield? I send an email to support@voodooshield.com with my gmail address and the password i would like to use for my account at 12.26 pm yesterday...but no answer so far. Hence i am asking about how long it can take. ( So i am not judging any one or any thing. :) )

EDIT: Nevermind i just saw the change in the OP. :)

VoodooShield

Level 1
Verified
Jul 2, 2013
Morro said:
Question...how long can it take for getting an answer from VoodooShield? I send an email to support@voodooshield.com with my gmail address and the password i would like to use for my account at 12.26 pm yesterday...but no answer so far. Hence i am asking about how long it can take. ( So i am not judging any one or any thing. :) )

EDIT: Nevermind i just saw the change in the OP. :)

Sorry, or email is really slow, and it is especially slow with the free promotion. I can help you here if that works for you. Please let me know.

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
VoodooShield said:
Sorry, or email is really slow, and it is especially slow with the free promotion. I can help you here if that works for you. Please let me know.

Thanks for the offer VoodooShield, but shortly after i made that post i saw that an automated system hat been set up, so i am good now. VoodooShield is up and running. :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I saw the site recommend VoodooShield with MSE.

How effective is this on an User Account with Administrative privileges? Is there password-protection to stop the application from being terminated? And can it be set-up to auto-deny from the settings, even if the user clicks to run the process?

I may be interested in VS for another PC.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.