Expired Free one year subscription to VoodooShield!

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
King Mellow said:
VoodooShield,
I just figured out whats the culprit. :) It's Comodo. I accidentally unticked the "Detect programs which require elevated priveleges e.g. installers or updaters" in the behavior blocker section of the AV.

Thanks a lot guys for this awesome product, VoodooShield!

We are glad you figured out the problem. Just a question do you plan to use VoodooShield with Comodo? Are you using just the firewall or CIS?

Even though their shouldn't be any compatibility issues you are most likely to get duplicate alerts or blocks from both if you have D + enabled.

That could be annoying to some users, since D + at default settings will detect any executable file by itself and has a large whitelist which helps it to auto decide.

So if both are used together, Comodo could allow a trusted executable and VoodooShield could still block the executable and vise versa.

Using one or the other would be sufficient but you can decide for yourself how you would like to do it. Some users like having duplicate protection from the same executable files.

Thanks. :D

Reactions: Kent

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
I'm using the full suite of Comodo. Yes, I'm experiencing that. Comodo will allow an exe then VoodooShield will block it, but that doesn't matter to me. :) I think the Umbra Virus is in me lol.

Rus Anca

Level 25
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
Last edited:
Reactions: Adhit Prakosho

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Traditional blacklist antivirus software attempts to block the 15,000+ new viruses a day. We realized that antivirus companies cannot possibly keep up with all of the new viruses, so we created a different approach. VoodooShield™ blocks all executable code (including viruses), except the software you allow.

Free Offer Registration
Download

Free one year subscription to VoodooShield! The people at wilderssecurity have been a tremendous help to us, and we would like to show our gratitude!

Email us your email address and the password you would like to use for your account, and we will hook you up with a free year of VS. If you have already purchase VS, let us know and we will add 1.5 years to your subscription, just send us the email address you use for your account.

Email us @ support@voodooshield.com, and we will hook you up through July 4th.

FYI 1 yr license and up to 3 pc's

Thank you!

VoodooShield Support Team

And yes, the free subscription is open to ANYONE, even friends of friends of people at wilders .

Edit: You no longer will have to send emails, just use the Free Offer Registration fill out the info and then you can enjoy your free one year subscription.

Thank you! I just did this so as of right now 8am EST 10/19/2014 apparently you can still register using this promo. The main benefit to doing so is it gives you a whole lot more options than the basic free version to work with.

Although I wonder, since I registered this there seems to be no expiration date listed anywhere in VS. Does this mean it will never expire or just revert back to the free version after a year? Or if I update after a year it will turn back into the unregistered free version? Anybody know? The main reason I ask is I am not aware of whether there was a free version available when the OP originally made this post or not?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
VoodooShield v2.11 is now freeware for non-commercial use.Please refer to this thread http://malwaretips.com/threads/voodooshield-2-11-is-now-available-as-freeware.35338/unread

Neowin said:
For PC's, VoodooShield is compatible with Windows XP SP2 through Windows 8 (32 & 64 bit).
For Servers, VoodooShield is compatible with Windows 2003 Server and above (32 & 64 bit).

This excellent tool is now available as Freeware for Non-Commercial Use. This is the latest full version (2.11) including all features and without any limitations.

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I seriously doubt this giveaway from July of 2013 is valid anymore especially in light of the recent news that VoodooShield went freeware at v2.11.I have sent an email to them just to clarify exactly what the price & licensing options really apply to anymore.I will post it here as soon as I find out.

Reactions: norman

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Well here is the low down on this whole VoodooShield thing.I have been emailing the them back and forth for an hour or so.I am going to try and explain it without posting the emails because I don't think that is really necessary.
Please keep in mind it was quite confusing at first but this is what i can gather from this whole mess.

1.There is no freeware version for non commercial use including all features without any limitations

2.There is only one version of the software v2.11.The user can use it as a free version, or register for $20, and enter their email address and password to unlock all of the settings and features.

3.This offer https://voodooshield.com/freeoffer/ was posted somewhere(not the original post here from July 2013) because "everyone was complaining that the free version did not offer the ability to reset or edit the whitelist." this offer apparently gives you 1 year of VoodooShield with all features and no limitations.

4.They apparently tried to have a free lite version of VoodooShield(apparently still lacked some of the pro features) and it backfired on them apparently leading everyone to believe that there was now a freeware version for non commercial use that included all features and no limitations.Therefore the offer link was posted to take the heat off because the so called "freeware version for non commercial use" was in reality just the free version without the pro version features

5.I was told this was posted on a giveaway site( I wont name) but something still seems fishy and very confusing about this whole thing.The website is not very clear.There is no comparisons between the free & Pro versions and I couldn't find Pro Version mentioned anywhere on the site,only pricing lists and a purchase link.

This is straight from the horses mouth if you will.The developer and owner not the investors or somebody else.However after 7 emails I am still trying to understand what they really did :confused:
Was this just a Market campaign to a stripped down pro version that got out as a freeware version without limitations to bolster downloads or interest in the program?
I won't give my personal opinions on this one but from the emails it seems VoodooShield had a hectic weekend to put it lightly.
I asked this question in my last email just to clarify what this is all about "So basically there is no freeware version for non commercial use with all features and without limitations? The reason I ask is it is all over the place even reported on neowin http://www.neowin.net/news/voodooshield-211-is-now-available-as-freeware"
Below is the quote from VoodooShield

Email from VoodooShield said:
Yeah, it is the same installer / software. After you start VS, it starts out as the free version with limited features and settings. If you have a pro license, you can enter that in the registration screen which will unlock all of the features and settings.

So the article is correct in that we are offering a free version of VS now. But I overlooked adding the Edit Whitelist and User Log features to the free version, and to make everyone happy, I offered everyone a free Pro license.

It is kind of like malwarebytes in that the free and pro are the same software. The only difference is that they start the user out as Pro as an option, and convert to Free later on. So it is kind of like that, but we just start as free, but if the user has a license, they can enter it to unlock the features.

It turns out that everyone wants the pro version instead of the free version ;). So I do not know how that is going to work out in the future, hehehe. Myself, I just like the free version because it is just a simple computer lock, and all of the default settings will work really well for 95% of the users.

All I can say is try the promo link if you want to try the product and see if it is without limitations and report it here .I reopened this thread but please keep replies to reporting if the promo really gives you what it is supposed to.
All other replies will be deleted and or the thread closed.Thanks :)

Last edited:

sid_16

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
I tried this software yesterday and uninstalled after few hours then I see this thread and registered using the link given in the 1st post. I saw all of its features are unlocked I mean now I can see the setting which was not there, when installed as a freeware. May be registration gives all the benefits that this software can offer.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I tried this software yesterday and uninstalled after few hours then I see this thread and registered using the link given in the 1st post. I saw all of its features are unlocked I mean now I can see the setting which was not there, when installed as a freeware. May be registration gives all the benefits that this software can offer.
This is the offer that was put out by the vendor since the news that VoodooShield was now freeware " This is the full version 2.11 including all features without any limitations" .
Thanks for reporting that the promo is valid and working.The vendor did not say how long this offer would be available.

Reactions: sid_16

ahmad_rafiansyah

Level 1
Verified
Sep 15, 2013
This is the offer that was put out by the vendor since the news that VoodooShield was now freeware " This is the full version 2.11 including all features without any limitations" .
Thanks for reporting that the promo is valid and working.The vendor did not say how long this offer would be available.

I think the default Windows security software (UAC) is better than the VoodooShield, That's just my opinion because I have never tried this software.
Especially on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 there are additional security features that Windows Smart Screen.

This is just my opinion but the opinion may also other friends who are different.
because I am still confused and hesitant to try VoodooShield and I also do not know of the benefits of using this VoodooShield.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Bump: This promo still works using the following link https://voodooshield.com/freeoffer/

*This link has been posted by the OP in the first post of this thread and again here on Page 5.This does not need to be posted as a new thread as the link is still valid and there is no new information.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Can someone explain this Sandbox - how it works and does it work?

Clipboard01.png

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Doesn't Virus protection allow and dis-allow program execution? While I like the idea of this program I had to stop using it because ultimately it seems it puts the user in a position of determining whether an executed file is safe or not, which is what user account control does as a secondary layer of defense.

Sure there is a blacklist and white list with the registered version of this software, but could someone explain to me how this software would be any different than most all Virus protecting software or better? Sure it will block it all if you have a need, but in my experience there are several flaws, starting with CLICK AND FORGET. There just is not enough descriptive information for what this program/software is doing in my opinion. It's really needlessly irritating, more so than UAC in my opinion. It seems to work about the same way with the exception that once you ALLOW something it remembers it unlike UAC. But the thing is, something to think about, there is a reason UAC doesn't remember selections, it is because files change and sometimes get changed by virus.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: Exterminator

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Yes it disables UAC on installation. In theory it is performing the same function with some differences,once it learns what programs you are running it will allow them without prompts. Personally Im good with UAC and all the irritating prompts because it always keeps me on my toes.I have not used VoodooShield myself it might be worth trying if you are really interested in it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.