App Review Free, Open Source SRP

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date
It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Product name
Simple Software-restriction Policy version 220
Installation (rating)
5.00 star(s)
User interface (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Accessibility notes
Good
Performance (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Core Protection (rating)
3.00 star(s)
Proactive protection (rating)
3.00 star(s)
Additional Protection notes
Good
Browser protection (rating)
3.00 star(s)
Positives
    • Freeware
    • Low impact on system resources
    • Highly configurable
    • Easy to use
Negatives
    • Limited web protection
    • Not as many features as some competitors
Time spent using product
Reviewed over a 30-day period
Recommended for
  1. Experienced users
Overall rating
4.00 star(s)
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
I have been messing around a bit with this Program and it seems pretty easy to use. I don't think it is still being developed but I'm not sure. I would like to see someone test it on a malware Pack. Maybe just start out with the policy listed here.

The User Manual in the GUI doesn't work but this link does.

To enforce the policy, just delete the semicolon.
I would suggest making a copy of the config ( ini ) file in case you want to go back to default.

If you click the Unlock button, you get 30 minutes to install your software. The Config file is pretty easy to follow.

Shadowra? wink wink

;
FileExtensions=A3X,BAT,CHM,CMD,COM,CPL,CRT,EXE,HLP,HTA,INF,INS,ISP,MSC,MSI,MSP,MST,OCX,PIF,REG,SCR,SHS,JS,JSE,VB,WSC,APPLICATION,XPI

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.