Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
If your Windows PC is currently running with Bitdefender 2014 you can upgrade free to the Bitdefender 2015 (Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015, Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 or Bitdefender Total Security 2015.

How much free hard disk space do I need to upgrade?
Recommended: 2 GB free hard disk space. At least 800 MB on hard system drive.

NOTE: Bitdefender 2015 Free Upgrade available for Microsoft Windows XP SP3, Vista SP2, 7 SP1, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1

Please follow the steps below:

1. Installing Bitdefender 2015 directly over the older version with the installer provided. During the installation process you will receive a notification informing you that a previous version was detected. Click Yes to uninstall it, reboot the computer, then proceed the installation.
If the older version was registered, Bitdefender 2015 will "remember" the respective license key.

2. Removing the older version, restarting your computer and installing the new version. The product settings of your previous version will not be saved. Please use this upgrade method only if the first option fails.
To smoothly uninstall Bitdefender, please use the tool available at: www.bitdefender.com/uninstall
Source

Dima007

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
If your Windows PC is currently running with Bitdefender 2014 you can upgrade free to the Bitdefender 2015 (Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015, Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 or Bitdefender Total Security 2015.

How much free hard disk space do I need to upgrade?
Recommended: 2 GB free hard disk space. At least 800 MB on hard system drive.

NOTE: Bitdefender 2015 Free Upgrade available for Microsoft Windows XP SP3, Vista SP2, 7 SP1, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1

Please follow the steps below:

1. Installing Bitdefender 2015 directly over the older version with the installer provided. During the installation process you will receive a notification informing you that a previous version was detected. Click Yes to uninstall it, reboot the computer, then proceed the installation.
If the older version was registered, Bitdefender 2015 will "remember" the respective license key.

2. Removing the older version, restarting your computer and installing the new version. The product settings of your previous version will not be saved. Please use this upgrade method only if the first option fails.
To smoothly uninstall Bitdefender, please use the tool available at: www.bitdefender.com/uninstall
Source
Free-Upgrade-Bitdefender-2015.png

Thanks Petrovic;)

Reactions: Petrovic

Terry Newman

Aug 11, 2014
I have been a Bitdefender user for several years and have never before been offered a free upgrade.
On 6 August I receiver an offer of a discounted upgrade (as in previous years). On 8 August I received an offer of a free upgrade.
I proceeded with the free offer, which was successful, but I also ended up with the dreaded fbdownloader.
Could the second offer have been from someone other than Bitdefender who had intercepted their upgrade offers.

Rohugh

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2014
There has been quite a number of free 6/9 month promotional offers from Bitdefender in the last month or so, check these forums for details. Yes it is highly likely that the one you chose came with other "crap" bundled with the download as this is certainly something that Bitdefender themselves would not do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.