- Jan 8, 2011
Freeform comes free on every iPhone, iPad, and Mac supporting iOS 16.2, iPadOS 16.2, or macOS Ventura 13.1.
Apple launches Freeform: a powerful new app designed for creative collaboration
Freeform for iPhone, iPad, and Mac makes visual collaboration easier than ever.
Freeform is a great place to bring your ideas to life. Sketch out a project, design a mood board, or start a brainstorming session on a flexible canvas that supports almost any kind of file. And with iCloud, all your boards stay in sync, whether you’re on your Mac, your iPad, or on your iPhone.
Unleash your creativity
- Add photos, video, audio, documents, PDFs, web links, stickies, and more anywhere on a Freeform board, perfect for creating a digital pinboard, collecting research for a school project, or gathering inspiration for your home renovation.
- Use your finger, or Apple Pencil on a compatible iPad, to draw anywhere on the canvas. Choose from a variety of brush styles and colors.
- Create beautiful diagrams with a library of over 700 shapes, and alignment guides to help make your document look just the way you’d like.
- Scan paper documents with the built in document scanner to archive documents and even annotate them if you’d like, right on the board.
Collaborate with others
- Invite your friends or colleagues into your board for real time collaboration. Freeform brings people together into a shared space for creativity, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
- Easily invite others via email, link, or using Messages.
- Brainstorm together with up to 100 collaborators in the same board.
- Communicate with Messages or FaceTime. When you’re working on a board with others, you can jump into the associated Messages conversation or start a FaceTime call with your collaborators with a single tap.