frogboy's configuration Toshiba PC

Last updated
Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Emsisoft Internet Security. Zemana Antimalware. Shadow Defender.VoodooShield.
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Eset Online Scanner. MBAM.
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
CyberFox X64. SlimJet. X64.
uBlock origin. Blur. LastPass. Bitdefender Traffic light. HTTPS Everywhere. CookieMonster. Disconnect.
Maintenance tools
CCleaner. Wisecare 365 Pro.
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect free. Aomei Backupper Pro.
System recovery
Macrium Reflect free. Aomei Backupper Pro.
H

hjlbx

@frogboy

There are two HDS freewares: Rollback Rx Home and Reboot Restore Rx.

Reboot Restore Rx will be somewhat familiar to you - at least the basic concept. It is like booting into Shadow Mode. It will restore your system to a single installation snapshot every time after reboot.

Shadow Defender has the advantage of being able to Shadow all drives and partitions.

H

hjlbx

@frogboy

There are two HDS freewares: Rollback Rx Home and Reboot Restore Rx.

Reboot Restore Rx will be somewhat familiar to you - at least the basic concept. It is like booting into Shadow Mode. It will restore your system to a single installation snapshot every time after reboot.

Shadow Defender has the advantage of being able to Shadow all drives and partitions.

D

Deleted member 2913

No but i will have a look tonight after work. ;)
Do let us know how you find Rollback And if free version is fine or you need some features that are only available in pro version?

And Rollback modifies MBR so do check you dont have any other software installed that modifies MBR And after Rollback install dont install software that modifies MBR.

And you have Win 10 Pro so set Windows Update to Notify for download & Notify for install through group policy. Major Windows Updates & some Windows Updates that touch MBR in some way or other for updating mess Rollback & system may be unbootable. So always uninstall Rollback for such Windows Updates, install Windows Updates & then reinstall Rollback.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Okay guys i just gave Rollback RX Home a bit of a try and i am sorry to say it did not like my system at all. It messed up a few things it would take many minutes longer to boot. o_O Desktop icons took forever to load as well as mouse cursor, changed my softwares boot order in a big way. Removed via Macrium Reflect. Never mind @yesnoo i gave it a try and will stick to Shadow Defender i think. May try it again on my other PC one day. :)

D

Deleted member 2913

Okay guys i just gave Rollback RX Home a bit of a try and i am sorry to say it did not like my system at all. It messed up a few things it would take many minutes longer to boot. o_O Desktop icons took forever to load as well as mouse cursor, changed my softwares boot order in a big way. Removed via Macrium Reflect. Never mind @yesnoo i gave it a try and will stick to Shadow Defender i think. May try it again on my other PC one day. :)
I use Rollback on Win 10 64 Pro Clean Install Anniversary Build with no probs.
System Restore disabled
Defrag disabled
Rollback Rx excluded & trusted in realtime security software.
And I think its better not to use Shadow Defender when using Rollback. I was also using Shadow Defender but uninstalled Shadow Defender for Rollback.
And Rollback Rx installer comes in a zipped package. Unzip it & run x64 installer for 64 Bits system.
And do remember some scanners detect Rollback MBR changes as suspicious, etc... so verify ondemand/realtime scanners results. And its better to exclude/trust Rollback in all the scanners.
No other software that modifies MBR.
No other like wise or software that are kinda similar like Rollback i.e imaging, backup, light virtualization like Shadow Defender, etc...

When ever you try again do take notice of the above And better talk with Umbra, he uses Rollback & can guide you better.

Rollback free has few limitations, mainly limited snapshot, no scheduling, no multiple drives/partitions support, etc...

frogboy, if you want I can give you legit perpetual license of latest Rollback Rx Pro.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.