- Zemana antilogger
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
- Eset Internet Security 11.2.63
- Malwarebytes antimalware premium
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Mozilla Firefox:
- Ublock Origin (Enabled Disable webrtc)
- Https everywhere
- Blur
- Grammarly
- Location Guard

ESET Browser (Online banking only)

-----------------

Updates [20/10/2018]:
- Removed WOT
- Removed Disable web rtc

-----------------
Maintenance tools
- Wise Care 365
- CCleaner
File and Photo backup
- Onedrive
- Hubic
- Sendspace
- External HDD Backup (Weekly)
System recovery
Acronis system image backup

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Hi, you have malwarebytes premium + eset for web filtering.

So i would remove WOT ( sells your data, if youre worry about your privacy)
Aswell i would remove https everywhere, wich is kind of redundant since browsers will priority https over http

Rest are fine, in my opinion. Thanks for sharing and welcome to forums

Frozen

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
Hi, you have malwarebytes premium + eset for web filtering.

So i would remove WOT ( sells your data, if youre worry about your privacy)
Aswell i would remove https everywhere, wich is kind of redundant since browsers will priority https over http

Rest are fine, in my opinion. Thanks for sharing and welcome to forums

Hi Moonhorse,

Thanks so much for your response, I have removed WOT as per your suggestion. Thanks so much for your tweak.:emoji_ok_hand:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Hi Moonhorse,

Thanks so much for your response, I have removed WOT as per your suggestion. Thanks so much for your tweak.:emoji_ok_hand:
I used wot years ago, i couldnt live without '' safe search '' extension back then. There is alternatives wich do the same thing; avast, bitdefender, mcafee as example, but theres zero benefit using them in your case

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
If i remember correctly you can configure UBlock Origin to disable WebRTC in the settings menu.
So the addon called "Disable web rtc" is unnecessary. Less is better.

Also I really recommend to use Standard User Account instead of the Admin. That would be a huge improvement.

Frozen

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
You can never not be too secure I say, that is why I reinforce my real-time protection

Reactions: shmu26

Frozen

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
If i remember correctly you can configure UBlock Origin to disable WebRTC in the settings menu.
So the addon called "Disable web rtc" is unnecessary. Less is better.

Also I really recommend to use Standard User Account instead of the Admin. That would be a huge improvement.

I will take that into consideration, thanks for your input. I enabled the disable webrtc in ublock and removed disable web rtc addon

Frozen

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
I am of the same opinion as @harlan4096. it seems to me exaggerated, so much program in real time.
Thanks for sharing.

Not that I do not agree with you guys, I appreciate your suggestion, however, I have never had performance issues. or any virus threat for some time now, I have custom settings for the AV aswell setup

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
You can never not be too secure I say, that is why I reinforce my real-time protection
I understand you can't be too sure, but you have 3 realtime protection, this is way too heavy! Do you have licenses for all 3? If you have let them expire and don't waste money. One real time AV product should be enough for daily use.

~LDogg

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

Not that I do not agree with you guys, I appreciate your suggestion, however, I have never had performance issues. or any virus threat for some time now, I have custom settings for the AV aswell setup

Just because you haven't had any issues, doesn't mean it can't happen. I agree with what others have said above, you already have Eset Internet security, which is a very powerful and capable product that can protect you very well by itself. Believe it or not, it has many of the same capabilities as the other programs you are running, so in essence you are overlapping protection (which can cause issues). More is not always better and having more and more security programs doesn't mean you will be more secure. One thing I like to stress is that no product is perfect and that no matter what program(s) or security setup one chooses to use, you still have to practice safe computing/security habits regardless.

My suggestion would be to remove Zemana and Malwarebytes as real-time (keep them as on-demand if you like) and just run ESET Internet security. As I've said it is a very powerful program especially if you tweak it. My suggestion would be to have a look at the configuration guide that @RoboMan created if you haven't already, it can be found here ESET configuration thread

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
You can never not be too secure
Just throwing out an idea here: if you are looking to maximize your security, consider replacing one or two of your signature-based apps with a default/deny solution. Signature-based scanners increase your security incrementally, but a good default/deny solution increases it exponentially.
Again, this just an idea. :) Do what works best for you.

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Given the fact that you still want to use the three real-time protection software, I would like to give you a quick summary on why it's not necessary:

ESET: real-time protection, HIPS and web protection
Zemana Anti-Malware Premium: real-time protection and Pandora (for newer threats)
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware: real-time protection and anti-exploit

Fact: ESET's web protection uses one of the best technologies in the market (hence why Chrome integrated it on its browser).
Fact 2: MBAM anti-exploit can actually complement ESET, nevertheless I would suggest disabling malware protection.
Fact 3: Zemana is not good for any case. Waste of resource.

Conclusions up to you my mate.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.