App Review G-Data Behaviour Blocker Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
I think GData BB did a good job.
It would be interesting to see if the system would be infected if you restarted Windows every time GData asked you
but i know this is very time consuming and you don't have the time to do it.
Thanks for the review and i wish you good luck with your exams;)
I agree that it did a pretty good job & thank you they are approaching fast - I have technically already done several, but I still have about 25 to go :)
Hit it with Cerber...
Let me guess...it fails to block it?
Nice review @MalwareBlockerYT
Great results, GData has a fantastic BB. Like @tonibalas said, I would like too to see the final result after Gdata clean process after restarting windows. Gdata is a bit heavier than other solutions but it seems to they have improved a lot, way better than their german brother Avira.
Good luck with your exams!
Thanks & it is a pretty decent BB, but Emsisoft does better & thank you :D

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Nice review @MalwareBlockerYT
Great results, GData has a fantastic BB. Like @tonibalas way better than their german brother Avira.
YOu can prove me wrong but Gdata lacks a Great cloud module...
And my friend ( i am the it guy from my friends :p ) got a ransom trough Gdata After, it we searched another av and came up on Avira..
It blocked the file ransomware with cloud ;)
( We tested gdata also after it also but didnt block it )

Thread author
Let me guess...it fails to block it?

What do you think ? If you dig deep enough for samples you will discover a whole bunch of stuff.

Thanks & it is a pretty decent BB, but Emsisoft does better & thank you :D

At one time G-Data's BB was right there with the Emsi BB, but Fabian improved their BB at a much faster pace.

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
YOu can prove me wrong but Gdata lacks a Great cloud module...
And my friend ( i am the it guy from my friends :p ) got a ransom trough Gdata After, it we searched another av and came up on Avira..
It blocked the file ransomware with cloud ;)
( We tested gdata also after it also but didnt block it )
I don't care the dimension of cloud infrastructures of these companies, I trust in the individual tests that people do @MalwareBlockerYT (not webs like Av comp, av test..) or MT hub, and GData has been having better results. Combining their engine and BD's gives a dedection and protection that very few products are up to it.
Most of these products have an antiransomware module,..etc but fail protecting against some ransom variants. One time one product can have better results against some ransomware, and other time other product can have better results with other ransomware.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
GDATA did a great job IMO. Great video, thanks for sharing!
Thanks for watching!
Solid performance from GDATA. The BB is almost as good as that from Emsisoft. With a performance like that, with only the BB turned On proves that the product is excellent. Thanx for the test MalwareBlockerYT :)
Indeed & no problem, thank you for watching :)
What do you think ? If you dig deep enough for samples you will discover a whole bunch of stuff.

At one time G-Data's BB was right there with the Emsi BB, but Fabian improved their BB at a much faster pace.
I have seen G-Data & ESET both miss basic Cerber samples before so it wouldn't surprise me & the BB evolution makes sense since Fabian puts a lot of effort in.

I trust in the individual tests that people do @MalwareBlockerYT (not webs like Av comp, av test..) or MT hub
Thanks & so do I :) The issue I have with AV-Test & Av-Comparatives is the age of their samples - AV-Test can use samples up to 4 weeks old (1 month!) which really is out of date malware & this means that AVs score highly due to loads of older aged malware.

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
I don't care the dimension of cloud infrastructures of these companies, I trust in the individual tests that people do @MalwareBlockerYT (not webs like Av comp, av test..) or MT hub, and GData has been having better results. Combining their engine and BD's gives a dedection and protection that very few products are up to it.
Most of these products have an antiransomware module,..etc but fail protecting against some ransom variants. One time one product can have better results against some ransomware, and other time other product can have better results with other ransomware.
Avira has these engines :
Avast: EICAR
AVG: EICAR_Test
ClamAV: Eicar-Test-Signature
Dr. Web: EICAR Test File (NOT a Virus!)
F-PROT: EICAR_Test_File (exact)
Trend Micro: Eicar_test_file
Microsoft: Virus:DOS/EICAR_Test_File
G Data: EICAR-Test-File (not a virus)
Kaspersky Lab: EICAR-Test-File
Bitdefender: EICAR-Test-File (not a virus)
ESET: Eicar test file

It could be more ( the engines that are not detecting eicar ) but probaly its 11 ;)

Last edited:

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Avira has these engines :
Avast: EICAR
AVG: EICAR_Test
ClamAV: Eicar-Test-Signature
Dr. Web: EICAR Test File (NOT a Virus!)
F-PROT: EICAR_Test_File (exact)
Trend Micro: Eicar_test_file
Microsoft: Virus:DOS/EICAR_Test_File
G Data: EICAR-Test-File (not a virus)
Kaspersky Lab: EICAR-Test-File
Bitdefender: EICAR-Test-File (not a virus)
ESET: Eicar test file

It could be more ( the engines that are not detecting eicar ) but probaly its 11 ;)
On cloud? signatures? Can you share a link of that? I'm quite outdated , I though Avira only has their own engine.
Although that, I have not seen yet a test that Avira performed better than GData.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I asked does Avira have multiple engines on the support they sayd yes, But its not public info so i was searching around and found this
Virus Summary

This is just a database of Virus detection names that Avira and aliases that some other security companies use for different malware families, it doesnt mean that Avira has third party engines.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.