G DATA Version 25.5.0.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Release small patch to fix confirmed bug, which doesn't actually fix it lul. G Data things.. :rolleyes: We have funny mobile carrier here, their market saying is "That company who think differently.." first what comes in my mind is G Data, still like them though. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Yeah we all make mistakes :D Some AV vendors made a lot bigger bugs then GDATA. But we have to live with that.
Im currently using GDATA IS+Spyshelter+HMPA+OS Armor.
GDATA's keylogger protection is disable because spyshelter covers that.

Anyway, i switched win7->windows10 two months ago.
Just for fun, i fast-tested Atelier Firewall Tester.
Base system: GDATA IS+Spyshelter Premium+HMPA
-Test 1-3 passed, 4-6 failed
GDATA IS(firewall disabled)+Spyshelter Premium+HMPA+Fort Knox Firewall
-Test 1-4 passed, 5-6 failed
GDATA IS(firewall disabled)+Spyshelter Premium+HMPA+Zonealarm Pro(max settings)
GDATA IS(firewall disabled)+Spyshelter Premium+HMPA+Comodo Firewall(Firewall component only active)
GDATA IS(firewall disabled)+Spyshelter Premium+HMPA+Latest version of Outpost Firewall Pro(i THINK i disabled all but firewall component)
-Test 1-6 PASSED

I was like...wtf :D I would have wanted so see GData BB in action...but no.

Reactions: Al-Faqir

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Yeah we all make mistakes :D Some AV vendors made a lot bigger bugs then GDATA. But we have to live with that.

GDATA IS(firewall disabled)+Spyshelter Premium+HMPA+Comodo Firewall(Firewall component only active)
GDATA IS(firewall disabled)+Spyshelter Premium+HMPA+Latest version of Outpost Firewall Pro(i THINK i disabled all but firewall component)
-Test 1-6 PASSED

It is a waste a firewall like that of the G Data disabled, as well as keylogger protection, I don't understand why your configuration. G Data IS and TS is a complete suite without the need for add-ons, turn on the G Data firewall and set the security level to ' Maxima security ' and you will feel what it's like to be protected, without having to install those programs that you mentioned.

Last edited:

Brie

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018

-Test 1-6 PASSED

:giggle:
Outpost Firewall Pro gets bad reviews on pcmag.com.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014

-Test 1-6 PASSED

Dude that super extreme overkill! :ROFLMAO: GDATA IS is more that enough!

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

All they post on Facebook is offering job aplies and lunch brakes in their Trojan cafee or bbq parties. Development and bringing G Data's name outside Germany is in second plan. Really saddens me, but whatever.

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Actually, im using GData AV, because of its very powerfull BB. Gdata AV with Spyshelter firewall and with OS Armor scripts disabled im quite happy.
And Spyshelter's "run as restricked" is very good.
-sepik

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
I have not received it yet.
As far as I have been able to ascertain from both GDATA and Rokop, there is no version 25.5.0.3 released.

It appears the version release has been delayed.

Hello @Faybert and @Lockdown
Maybe I'm the only one GData user who has received the update ?;)
gd25503b.PNG

Attachments

• gd25503a.PNG
    gd25503a.PNG
    80.3 KB · Views: 759

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
25.5.0.3 could have been released and then pulled... just like Microsoft regularly does with Windows 10 updates.

Atrocious bugs in the GDATA firewall. Still. Have been trying to get fixed for two years now.

Do you mean that G Data firewall is not effective ?

Reactions: Weebarra

Do you mean that G Data firewall is not effective ?

Easily bypassed and bad bugs. I've reported the problems numerous times. Looks like they just aren't going to fix. It's strange that those of us who report problems can get other vendors to fix them, but when it comes to GDATA... nothing.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Easily bypassed and bad bugs. I've reported the problems numerous times. Looks like they just aren't going to fix. It's strange that those of us who report problems can get other vendors to fix them, but when it comes to GDATA... nothing.
I wonder, how about calling them directly and asking why they haven't fixed them for so long? Maybe that way things start to move.. maybe those email/log reports aren't even reaching devs? I don't know any G Data dev whom to pm personally and tell directly, but that might be needed. I have experienced that approach usually helps with other security software vendors to get around support tier who can answer only basic questions, already found in faq.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Weebarra
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.