G DATA Version 25.5.0.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder, how about calling them directly and asking why they haven't fixed them for so long? Maybe that way things start to move.. maybe those email/log reports aren't even reaching devs? I don't know any G Data dev whom to pm personally and tell directly, but that might be needed. I have experienced that approach usually helps with other security software vendors.

I just asked for a refund on 5\10 device license of Total Security. Too much trouble to get problems fixed.

Reactions: Al-Faqir
E

Eddie Morra

I wonder, how about calling them directly and asking why they haven't fixed them for so long? Maybe that way things start to move.. maybe those email/log reports aren't even reaching devs?
I am sure he has more important things to be doing than doing the work of G-DATA employees for them. If they don't want to do their job properly, they should find a new job and let someone else handle it who actually wants to.

I know one thing for sure and that is... I sure as hell would not waste my time on a goose-chase down bug galore for a company who couldn't care less in the first place. If they cared in the first place, management wouldn't be an issue and they'd actually focus on getting it fixed.

Most of the companies in the security industry rely on the fact that they know they are going to keep hitting sales so they end up focusing on the new versions and leave the old customers in the dust until they upgrade. They also spend more resources on enterprise which usually don't have all those home consumer version bugs, because it makes them more money with fewer sales.

I am sure he has more important things to be doing than doing the work of G-DATA employees for them. If they don't want to do their job properly, they should find a new job and let someone else handle it who actually wants to.

I know one thing for sure and that is... I sure as hell would not waste my time on a goose-chase down bug galore for a company who couldn't care less in the first place. If they cared in the first place, management wouldn't be an issue and they'd actually focus on getting it fixed.

Most of the companies in the security industry rely on the fact that they know they are going to keep hitting sales so they end up focusing on the new versions and leave the old customers in the dust until they upgrade. They also spend more resources on enterprise which usually don't have all those home consumer version bugs, because it makes them more money with fewer sales.

My guess would be that GDATA makes very little money off of the consumer products and, therefore, the company just isn't going to devote the resources to those products. If that is indeed the case, then it is understandable. If that isn't the case, then what to do is a common sense decision.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
What are the reasons for you to do this G Data bashing ?
In Europe (Yes !!! we win again the Ryder Cup !!!:emoji_v::)) this company has a very good reputation !

There is no bashing going on here, so please stop calling it that right now.

I bought a 5/10 device license intending to use Total Security as a part of layered security, but too much stuff broken. Too many problems.

Reputation\popularity and performance\protection are two completely different things... unfortunately. Most everybody knows that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Well, I have never had problems with G Data, it has always been solid in my system (free of bugs), it has one of the best current protections along with Kaspersky and Norton, I have always verified this in daily tests, it is a complete security suite to install and forget. their support is not the best of them all, but when I needed or wanted to ask questions, they acted quickly.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Well, I have never had problems with G Data, it has always been solid in my system (free of bugs), it has one of the best current protections along with Kaspersky and Norton, I have always verified this in daily tests, it is a complete security suite to install and forget. their support is not the best of them all, but when I needed or wanted to ask questions, they acted quickly.
Thanks @Faybert for your objective advice(y)

Reactions: Weebarra

Downloading a malware pack and running a scan or navigating to a malicious URL isn't what I am talking about. GDATA is OK against run of the mill malware. Against anything a bit more sophisticated it is going to allow the system to be compromised.

I can reproduce the bugs and other problems at-will. They are settings dependent.

Support does respond. However, reported issues do not get fixed. Most people who have been using the product a long while know this. GDATA's idea of bug fixes is to fix a single problem with a Firefox browser extension, while ignoring all the serious problems that I know have been reported numerous times.

Thanks @Faybert for your objective advice(y)

You just don't want to hear anything you don't like about GDATA, but the truth is that it has serious problems.

GDATA is a soft. Softs have bugs and problems. GDATA is no different. And mature people acknowledge that fact instead of taking only a fanbois position.

Reactions: Al-Faqir and yuglyS

Mariihh

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2018
In Europe (Yes !!! we win again the Ryder Cup !!!:emoji_v::)) this company has a very good reputation !
There are users here who generalize things, others invent things and so on. Most like to speak ill of other companies to try to raise the one they work for, G Data is a serious and respected security company around the world, is how Natalya Kaspersky once spoke: G Data and Kaspersky are the top in question of protection

There are users here who generalize things, others invent things and so on. Most like to speak ill of other companies to try to raise the one they work for, G Data is a serious and respected security company around the world, is how Natalya Kaspersky once spoke: G Data and Kaspersky are the top in question of protection

You're making false accusations.

Obviously you are so emotionally involved that you cannot control yourself and so you lash out.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

AppGuard doesn't need me to say anything about GDATA to get sales. I was only making comments based upon my experiences over two years with multi-device paid Total Security licenses.

Instead of being grateful that I have tried multiple times to get GDATA to fix stuff, all you get on this thread is a pathetic "Wah ! Wah ! Stop bashing GDATA ! Foul, Foul ! No fair ! No fair !"

Really mature of you fanbois.

Your behavior is despicable.

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Praising a product for it gives you protection and does not cause you problems during years of experience, is that to be a fanboy? I don't gain anything from G Data to speak well of them, only I'm not a hypocrite, my opinion is based on the experience I have with the product, I will not speak ill of a product that so far satisfies me, it would be stupid to praise a product that gives you the headache, the day that G Data present errors in my system, I send it to the support and I'll comment here, no problem.

Last edited:

Praising a product for it gives you protection and does not cause you problems during years of experience, is that to be a fanboy? I don't gain anything from G Data to speak well of them, only I'm not a hypocrite, my opinion is based on the experience I have with the product, I will not speak ill of a product that so far satisfies me, it would be stupid to praise a product that gives you the headache, the day that G Data present errors in my system, I send it to the support and I'll comment here, no problem.

I understand. It was meant for the person who falsely accused me of saying stuff to increase AppGuard sales - which is an ignorant statement on their part.

I have used GDATA for years. As an internet security suite, I like it. So I want GDATA to fix its problems. However, after trying to get them to fix the same thing for years it sort of becomes obvious that they simply aren't going to do it.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

In my testing I persoanly found Vipre to be better then G-Data. Even though I don't always agree with Lockdown, I have always found his advice to be true. Believe me, I have tried them all and find SRP to be the best.

In my testing I persoanly found Vipre to be better then G-Data. Even though I don't always agree with Lockdown, I have always found his advice to be true. Believe me, I have tried them all and find SRP to be the best.

I am just disappointed that pretty basic stuff isn't fixed. I cannot be the sole party reporting this stuff to GDATA. Surely there are others out there.

SRP does not work for everyone, but it is among the most robust protections.

Mostly it is people who are sick and tired of the AV\IS unfulfilled promises, the gaps in protection, the failures and bypasses year-in and year-out, the never-ending bugs and other performance issues who seek out a much more robust, less bug-ridden solutions. Eventually they find SRP among others, such as virtualization. SRP is among the least trouble-prone security solutions.

However, it is foolish to think that any particular security solution or security model is suitable for every person.

I dropped G-Data too, to many issues with updates.
Went back to Norton Security Deluxe.

Norton's real strength is its firewall and network protections.

File Insight more or less works like Avast's Hardened Mode, but Norton is quite feeble like most of the others over malicious scripts.

This is all very well-established and documented online.

Anyway... malicious scripts written to disk are not the real issue. It is intepreter code running in-memory, such as post-exploit, that is the fundamental issue.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
Norton's real strength is its firewall and network protections.

File Insight more or less works like Avast's Hardened Mode, but Norton is quite feeble like most of the others over malicious scripts.

This is all very well-established and documented online.

Anyway... malicious scripts written to disk are not the real issue. It is intepreter code running in-memory, such as post-exploit, that is the fundamental issue.
Norton has never failed me in protection, even when i was testing in the HUB.
Sonar is very powerful.

Reactions: Weebarra

Norton has never failed me in protection, even when i was testing in the HUB.
Sonar is very powerful.

I am not talking about malicious .exe from the MT malware hub. I am talking about something entirely different.

Downloading malware packs, extracting them, running them to test for detection\blocking is extremely basic-level testing.

Reactions: Eddie Morra
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

I am also a years long customer for G Data Interney Security, I can't keep on using it daily because of same problems mentioned by Lock, so I kinda feel like I have rights to express my opinion as well. I sometimes like to bite him, but he's right about G Data on this one, can't foolishly ignore that and tell everything is top notch when customer feedback and advices given where product could improve are gnored. I also have spent many hours collecting logs and sending them without an further answer, didn't even got a simple thanks, so my guess is reported bugs doesn't even reach devs. This discussion goes even years ago of reported problems which aren't fixed in todays version. I understand that we defend products we like personally and have spent our hard earned money for, but gotta accept simple fact that it's normal for software to have bugs, but not normal that security company is having difficulties to communicate back with customers and actually listen what people have to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.