G DATA Version 25.5.0.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am also a years long customer for G Data Interney Security, I can't keep on using it daily because of same problems mentioned by Lock, so I kinda feel like I have rights to express my opinion as well. I sometimes like to bite him, but he's right about G Data on this one, can't foolishly ignore that and tell everything is top notch when customer feedback and advices given where product could improve are gnored. I also have spent many hours collecting logs and sending them without an further answer, didn't even got a simple thanks, so my guess is reported bugs doesn't even reach devs. This discussion goes even years ago of reported problems which aren't fixed in todays version. I understand that we defend products we like personally and have spent our hard earned money for, but gotta accept simple fact that it's normal for software to have bugs, but not normal that security company is having difficulties to communicate back with customers and actually listen what people have to say.

I think they do not make a lot of money from home user products so they don't devote resources to fixes. No beta program, no forum, no response from development ever... suggests to me that is the case.

Use CylancePROTECT (not SmartAV). Less problems & headache. (y)

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Easily bypassed and bad bugs. I've reported the problems numerous times. Looks like they just aren't going to fix. It's strange that those of us who report problems can get other vendors to fix them, but when it comes to GDATA... nothing.
ok cool! Just make a short video about the bug and share it..make sure it exists as a BUG..i will get it fixed within a day at max 8hr
i have personal contacts with their support and security u lab head
if that really concerns the efficacy you can expect a patch by EOD
most of the bugs reported reported in many forums are just errors not bugs
remember that human error exists in any product and most of the security BUGS..wouldnt even be visible to us

ok cool! Just make a short video about the bug and share it..make sure it exists as a BUG..i will get it fixed within a day at max 8hr
i have personal contacts with their support and security u lab head
if that really concerns the efficacy you can expect a patch by EOD
most of the bugs reported reported in many forums are just errors not bugs
remember that human error exists in any product and most of the security BUGS..wouldnt even be visible to us

LOL...

Reactions: Eddie Morra

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
when i asked you about the bug you speak some thing else
why such no sense posts then, so speaking some goddamn thing without thinking
Whn we say about something..we should prove it, else should keep the mouth shut than spreading false rumours
The day you said Arcabit is better than G data .. started skipping your posts
make some posts that are knowledgable..not trash .speaking some ##### and pushing it again and again:ROFLMAO:

when i asked you about the bug you speak some thing else
why such no sense posts then, so speaking some goddamn thing without thinking
Whn we say about something..we should prove it, else should keep the mouth shut than spreading false rumours
The day you said Arcabit is better than G data .. started skipping your posts
make some posts that are knowledgable..not trash .speaking some [edited] and pushing it again and again:ROFLMAO:

Such infos are only shared directly with the developer. If I wanted to make videos and openly post them, I don't need you to tell me to do it. However, I don't do that sort of thing as it is the wrong thing to do.

You are sadly mistaken if you actually think that anyone needs to prove anything. What has been discussed in this thread is essentially the experiences of multiple GDATA users. Some have had decent experiences while other have had bad experiences.

Who are you to tell someone that their experience with a product is untrue or false ?

I have no motivation whatsoever to spread false rumors.

Anyone who knows how to test properly can easily determine what has been discussed here for themselves.

I could care less if you follow or ignore my posts. Nor do I care what you say. It doesn't hurt my feelings one bit. I can do this all day long. In fact, it would be best if you just moved along and ignored my posts. It will be better for you.

The only thing that is happening here is you getting way too emotional over a security soft - and lashing out. You just publicly made a jackass of yourself.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Such infos are only shared directly with the developer. If I wanted to make videos and openly post them, I don't need you to tell me to do it. However, I don't do that sort of thing as it is the wrong thing to do.

You are sadly mistaken if you actually think that anyone needs to prove anything. What has been discussed in this thread is essentially the experiences of multiple GDATA users. Some have had decent experiences while other have had bad experiences.

Who are you to tell someone that their experience with a product is untrue or false ?

I have no motivation whatsoever to spread false rumors.

Anyone who knows how to test properly can easily determine what has been discussed here for themselves.

I could care less if you follow or ignore my posts. Nor do I care what you say. It doesn't hurt my feelings one bit. I can do this all day long. In fact, it would be best if you just moved along and ignored my posts. It will be better for you.

The only thing that is happening here is you getting way too emotional over a security soft - and lashing out. You just publicly made a jackass of yourself.
you already made it mate..) Lol!
i just raised my ans for the q you posted...else doesn't matter me
The posts above seem to be a real jackass..yes you are correct ! Hmm, may be right i shouldn't comment
upon such funny posts and rather at least from now will use some filters for such posts (y)

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
i was thinking of getting gdata. what are the problems with it?
None for me, but I'm a basic user and some "geek" contributors on this thread think that basic users' opinion is not interesting:geek:

Last edited:
Reactions: Weebarra

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
i was thinking of getting gdata. what are the problems with it?

I suggest you download the trial version and use it for some days. Some advanced users here like @Lockdown have experienced some bugs that might affect some components, but that does not mean you will not be protected. It just did not meet his expectations. As @Lockdown mentioned earlier, you will be protected against everyday malware. What is your chance of getting your hands on some very dirty malware? It is unlikely unless you visit unfamiliar websites.

Reactions: Weebarra and JB007

I suggest you download the trial version and use it for some days. Some advanced users here like @Lockdown have experienced some bugs that might affect some components, but that does not mean you will not be protected. It just did not meet his expectations. As @Lockdown mentioned earlier, you will be protected against everyday malware. What is your chance of getting your hands on some very dirty malware? It is unlikely unless you visit unfamiliar websites.

I think it strange that you and @davisd are the only ones who understand what I said - and more importantly, what I did NOT say - about GDATA.

Some people get all emotionally worked-up because they like a soft and think someone is bashing it. They assign the meaning to a post as they wish, and this is what leads to the usual problems on these forums.

It's common sense that if a person purchases a multi-device license and uses it over the period of two years that they must like it enough to keep using it. But here, that doesn't matter. Say something another person simply does not like, and they are just gunning for a flame war. And when they get themselves burnt, it causes the customary dramas we see in these AV threads.

@Brie - there are GUI and other bugs. Unlike what another person said, errors in the GUI and functionality are bugs - and not merely errors. If you use GDATA's maximum firewall settings and pay attention while you are trying to figure things out - like the parent\child process ratings given in the alert, you probably will see the bugs. GDATA's firewall does not filter, and therefore does not create firewall rules, for certain types of processes. Some settings, such as setting Internet Sharing to deny will bork the network - when disabling it should not do that. You cannot block a single IP address with the firewall - which is a really basic functionality.

None for me, but I'm a basic user and some "geek" contributors on this thread think that basic users' opinion is not interesting:geek:

That is not true. One person's perspective is just as valid as another's.

The issue of basic versus advanced\geek user posts is not the issue. The issue is that a basic user will install a soft using default settings - which almost never reveals bugs. However, an advanced user - a bug hunter - more often than not will discover multiple issues of one sort or another.

Installing a soft and not configuring it to avoid bugs is absolutely ludicrous from a security perspective, basic principles and common sense. However, and very unfortunately, that is the situation that many people find themselves in when trying to cope with security softs.

Posting on the net "Installed it, been using it for X years, no problems here..." is not helpful at all. In such a post there is insufficient detail for other users to judge for themselves. I can post something very similar... "Been using Microsoft security for 3 decades and never been infected, never had a problem, no issues here..." Tell me, what does that even mean ? There is so little infos that it could mean just about anything. Perhaps I only used the system 1 time per year... or it is a completely off-line system.

Brie

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
i read complaints about every AV. kaspersky [russian], bitdefender [buggy], eset [complicated], semantec [target hacked], trend micro [telemitry],

avast [telemitry], avira [signatures only], cylance [needs other softwares], panda [does not work], f secure and sopho's [only parts work], windows

defender [bad results in the hub]. which AV is good, with out bugs?

thank you all for the replies. :giggle:

which AV is...,with out bugs?

None.

It is better to find out what you like. Find out what works for you personally. That way you will be willing to tolerate the imperfections. You will be much more likely to stick with it. Unfortunately, there will be imperfections no matter what you choose.

As for myself... the less complex a soft (the fewer moving parts), the fewer bugs it has, the better its usability, and its reliability increases.

I'm the type of person who will not use a soft if it annoys me. That's the simple guiding principle that I follow. Consequently, I use comparatively very few softs. Others don't care because their priority is to collect apps and change their system every other day. Whatever. To each his own...

Last edited by a moderator:

coua

Jun 6, 2016
Hello,
G DATA Version 25.5.0.3 is out but I cannot find the changelog of this new version.

6VmyV8d.png

Reactions: Eddie Morra

Brie

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
Natalya Kaspersky once spoke: G Data and Kaspersky are the top in question of protection
hi :giggle:
Natalya Kaspersky owns 18% of gdata. she used to be married to kaspersky. she owns $270 million.

Reactions: harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.