Harputlu

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Forum Veteran
Ekran görüntüsü - 2025-07-08 12-37-48.png


The problem isn't with WinRAR, is it?
 
I guess because of B as indicator... or why you are sure?
But I meant, in general also Bitdefender uses the similar term like that Trojan.Win32.Agent...
It's normal to get confused because Emsisoft in their product calls their own engine, A and Bitdefender's, B. The opposite is true for G-Data.
 
GData is right. Highly suspicious why anyone would still use WinRAR in 2025. But, seriously. This is an old problem where AVs don't like archivers because they behave like ransomware in their ability to mass encrypt files. I would say out of abundance of caution. Delete and re-download from a reputable source. If it's still getting flagged, ignore.
 
GData is right. Highly suspicious why anyone would still use WinRAR in 2025. But, seriously. This is an old problem where AVs don't like archivers because they behave like ransomware in their ability to mass encrypt files. I would say out of abundance of caution. Delete and re-download from a reputable source. If it's still getting flagged, ignore.
The strange thing is that WinRAR continued to work without any problems even after I deleted those files. Still, I uninstalled WinRAR.
 
The problem isn't with WinRAR, is it?
As to replicate the scenario, are you using an original or a pirated copy of the software? Also, are you using the latest version or a previous build?
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top