G2A - Eset License

MTUser

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 11, 2014
Hi Guys!

I don't know if this topic is in the right place but I didn't found a place to talk about this kind of things.

My question is if anyone of you, from MalwareTips, have already bought in the past any license for ESET (or other security products) on G2A. I'm looking for their prices and it's "amazing", only 5€ for an ESS license, so...

I know many people that have bought keys from them (games) and they never had any problems. I also searched the web for feedback and most are positive (their trustpilot reviews are great too, 8.8/10 - 83167 reviews). They also sponsor big e-gaming tournaments/teams and streamers.

Thanks

L

LabZero

Honestly I didn't know about this site, from the information seems to be ok, but the risk of finding in your hands an illegal key exists.
Personally I would purchase license keys only on official sites.
I highly recommend you to contact Eset, about your question, before buying the key.

ESET :: Support :: Contact Customer Care

MTUser

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 11, 2014
ESET doesn't know the site.

I don't know, the keys appear to be sold by third party, so, for the price, I think it's illegal. The funny fact is that many people buy keys there and one of their partners are Symantec.

Reactions: LabZero

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
G2A seems similar to an Ebay type site. I would suggest only buying a license from the official ESET site or a verified reseller/affiliate
The site has a good reputation and probably some great deals on games etc. but I am always leery of sites offering these types of transactions for software that requires a valid license.Too many things can go wrong.
What are you looking for Eset Nod 32 AV or Eset Smart Security ?

Reactions: LabZero

MTUser

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 11, 2014
I'm looking for ESS.

Maybe I will buy a license for 2 PC's from ESET website and share the license (and price) with a friend that needs it too. Do you know any oficial reseller with good discounts?

Thanks ;)

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
For Ebay, usually I will look at the feedback rating. The higher and the more the better. Also need to consider the feedback date, the frequency and what common product usually purchased from the seller. Well, sometimes its too good to be true but always ensure "risk assessment" are perform before commiting any purchases. Ebay is quite a good place to trade. At times, I buy software licenses at a ridiculously low price there but of course not without a detailed check on the seller profiling.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.