Faybert

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Version 25.5.3.4:
'Thank you for your trust in G DATA and for your feedback, which we have included in this update.

* Performance improvements & bug fixes.

* Improved protection through optimized linking of protection technologies
DeepRay and behavior monitoring.

* Improved user experience through optimizations for the
Behavior monitoring related to downloads and external data carriers.

* Greatly improved scan performance, Web protection, and Outlook add-in.

* Privacy Policy adjusted.

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Nice and what i've seen on the Virustotal, GData's own engine(DeepRay) catches stuff even better than their BD engine. Especially GData macro etc detection is improved a alot.

AYIZEB

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2016
is it still heavy like bd or kaspersky?
it depends on what you understand by heavy, but if you do not consume 50 mb of ram, I was haunted about 250mb ram sometimes if not sometimes, but in the system it felt light.

Reactions: JB007

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Not tried GData for some time but giving Internet Security a try, so far impressed, takes a fair bit more disk space than Norton/Emsisoft etc. but pretty light on this desk PC that isn't the last word in power. Some test I've read don't give it much but I'll see?

Reactions: JB007 and amico81
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Not tried GData for some time but giving Internet Security a try, so far impressed, takes a fair bit more disk space than Norton/Emsisoft etc. but pretty light on this desk PC that isn't the last word in power. Some test I've read don't give it much but I'll see?

Disk space was a thing a decade or so ago. These days? I hear maybe 1-2 people a year complain about disk space. Especially with games now taking 20, 50, even 70+GB.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I agree, the SSD on the what was a office PC but no longer needed has in excess of 60 GIG free on C:\ - Impressed so far with g-Data though, off work ill so messing with stuff to avoid temporary/complete insanity :) I still notice disk space as my first PC was a 286 with an 80 MEG hard drive so in the past space was a premium, of course not now, I suppose old habits linger on.

• HaHa
Reactions: JB007

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.