MacDefender

Level 11
Verified
But that exe is not digitally signed...even M Edge Chromium block it from download.
Is that typical?

I've been paying more attention to G DATA -- it's been performing really well in a lot of recent tests.... However, this seems really odd that a security product vendor doesn't adopt an age-old digital signing mechanism. Microsoft has been putting unsigned binaries in the SmartScreen penalty box since the dawn of Windows 10 (if not earlier), not to mention I don't want to have to trust just HTTPS transport security to make sure that my security software isn't tampered with.

MacDefender

Level 11
Verified
I sent them an email, waiting for response.

I see the hype on G Data and I want to try it again...
Thank you very much, can't wait to hear the response.

As a prospective customer, it matters a lot to me their security and engineering practices. If I am entrusting a product to be the gatekeeper of basically all communications and execution on my computer, it's important for me to feel confident in their practices as a whole.... it's not adequate that their product's tested performance is excellent.

Paul.R

Level 16
Verified
Yes, it's the correct one, downloaded from thier own site...it's about G Data Antivirus , you write above about G Data IS.

Paul.R

Level 16
Verified
I have tried with Edge Chromium, Internet Explorer same security alert. Still no answer from them...

Hey

We are G Data, we have 36 years of experience and we also can f up with all the experience behind. :LOL: :LOL:

Paul.R

Level 16
Verified
IF I download that exe with Google Chrome, no problems with the download but still no digitally signed and save detection on VT.