Oct 1, 2019
G Data today announced new release.

Kindly find the following for further information:
G Data New Release.png

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
The new release has actually been out for a couple of weeks but only rolled out in Europe. I had been seeing the notification above in MyGData for over a week however the program showed no such option and would not upgrade. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the WEU version of the installation software as described in this post and am now running the latest version.

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
But that exe is not digitally signed...even M Edge Chromium block it from download.
Is that typical?

I've been paying more attention to G DATA -- it's been performing really well in a lot of recent tests.... However, this seems really odd that a security product vendor doesn't adopt an age-old digital signing mechanism. Microsoft has been putting unsigned binaries in the SmartScreen penalty box since the dawn of Windows 10 (if not earlier), not to mention I don't want to have to trust just HTTPS transport security to make sure that my security software isn't tampered with.

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
I sent them an email, waiting for response.

I see the hype on G Data and I want to try it again...

Thank you very much, can't wait to hear the response.

As a prospective customer, it matters a lot to me their security and engineering practices. If I am entrusting a product to be the gatekeeper of basically all communications and execution on my computer, it's important for me to feel confident in their practices as a whole.... it's not adequate that their product's tested performance is excellent.

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Yes, it's the correct one, downloaded from thier own site...it's about G Data Antivirus , you write above about G Data IS.

Reactions: roger_m

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
I have tried with Edge Chromium, Internet Explorer same security alert. Still no answer from them...

Hey

We are G Data, we have 36 years of experience and we also can f up with all the experience behind. :LOL: :LOL:

• HaHa
Reactions: Divine_Barakah

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
IF I download that exe with Google Chrome, no problems with the download but still no digitally signed and save detection on VT.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.